MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear Plato and 888 have been whinging again, whist I am no BMW or Audi fan it is up to the others to catch up than moan.

Live qualifying on itv.com from around 15:45 onwards Saturday 28th June.

Live race day coverage on ITV4/ITV4 HD Sunday 29th June, 11:00 - 18:00.

Also live trackside radio available at http://www.btcc.net/live-zone/

Provisional BTCC race times:

Race 1 - 12:02
Race 2 - 14:39
Race 3 - 17:06

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice pole by Turks even carrying 45KG, Plato P2 and overdriving the car with a half spin into Clervaux after his fastest lap.

We will see how the longer spec first gear effects the BMW's launch tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
I was expecting more fines than this:

Penalties

Race 1

Andrew Jordan received a one second time penalty after gaining an unfair advantage following contact with Matt Neal

Fabrizio Giovanardi was fined £500, received three penalty points and was demoted to the back of the grid for the next race after contact with Aron Smith. Airwaves Racing appealed the decision, which was later upheld, and Giovanardi will subsequently take the penalty in the opening race at Snetterton

Race 2

Matt Neal was excluded from the final classification after his car failed a ride height test

Jason Plato received three penalty points and a ten place grid penalty for race three after contact with Alain Menu

Race 3

Andrew Jordan received three penalty points and a ten place grid penalty, to be taken in race one at Snetterton, after contact with Fabrizio Giovanardi. Pirtek Racing has appealed the decision, which will now be held at Snetterton

Gordon Shedden received a four second time penalty for gaining an unfair advantage following contact with Mat Jackson

Martin Depper received a three second time penalty for gaining an unfair advantage following contact with Sam Tordoff

Rob Collard received a five place grid penalty, to be taken in race one at Snetterton, after contact with Jack Goff

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was some pretty bad driving allround, that move by Plato on Menu in race 2 was bad and then followed by Jordan on Gio in race 3 which was really bad.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I actually thought Sheddens was a bit harsh, that was just racing, Platos and Jordans were both just blatant punts!

Its getting a bit of a joke this no contact thing though. Kind of ruining the racing, that and track limits. Track limits has become a pain in the backside even at my local racing events. 5 second penalties all over the place!

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
I actually thought Sheddens was a bit harsh, that was just racing, Platos and Jordans were both just blatant punts!

Its getting a bit of a joke this no contact thing though. Kind of ruining the racing, that and track limits. Track limits has become a pain in the backside even at my local racing events. 5 second penalties all over the place!
I think Plato just made a mistake, Menu slowed up more than anyone else would have in order to block Plato from cutting inside but Plato had already started to turn assuming there would be a space.

I think on the track limits, they should put something on the run off areas to make sure that you loose time if you go over the curbs, then there wouldn't be an issue. How about a few strips of very slippery paint to make sure you get out of shape?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I think Plato just made a mistake, Menu slowed up more than anyone else would have in order to block Plato from cutting inside but Plato had already started to turn assuming there would be a space.

I think on the track limits, they should put something on the run off areas to make sure that you loose time if you go over the curbs, then there wouldn't be an issue. How about a few strips of very slippery paint to make sure you get out of shape?
Yeah great idea if you want to create carnage as cars spin wildly into each other! haha

As for Jason making a mistake, we all know it was the red mist. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts