MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Break is over already.

BMR retires both Insignia's in favour of two more Passat CC's, I can't remember the last time a Vauxhall was not competing.

Live qualifying on itv.com from around 15:20 onwards Saturday 2nd August.

Live race day coverage on ITV4/ITV4 HD Sunday 3rd August, 11:00 - 18:00.

Also live trackside radio available at http://www.btcc.net/live-zone/

Provisional BTCC race times:

Race 1 - 12:02
Race 2 - 14:35
Race 3 - 16:57

·
Registered
319 Posts
Break is over already.

BMR retires both Insignia's in favour of two more Passat CC's, I can't remember the last time a Vauxhall was not competing.
1988 according to an article I read online the other day! BMR have also brought 4 Renault Clips for the BTCC support Clio Cup for next year!

Hoping for an MG on pole with Plato being 1.2 seconds faster than anyone else in FP2! 0.5 under Tordoff ' s lap record from last year :)

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1988 according to an article I read online the other day! BMR have also brought 4 Renault Clips for the BTCC support Clio Cup for next year!

Hoping for an MG on pole with Plato being 1.2 seconds faster than anyone else in FP2! 0.5 under Tordoff ' s lap record from last year :)
1988 wow no wonder, thanks for that. :)

BMR buying Cup cars tends to make me think that they are almost Team HARD part 2, I hope they are run better.

Plato P1, Tordoff P3, Hynes P11 after having his fastest lap removed for track limits.

No Andy Jordan so far due to a heavy crash during FP1, the car looks to be repaired so he might make the grid tomorrow.

Timing:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Good day for the JP and special mention to Aiden Moffat, a solid weekend for the young man who I have watched locally for a few years.

I think Turks will get a penalty for the Neal incident. Race 3 was one of the best of the season though.

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
Nope. To see all the penalties, appeals and driver strikes for this year so far have a look here: http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/race-to-the-naughty-step-driving-standards/
Ahh, thanks, that is a bit long and complicated!

On top of drivers being penalised at Snetterton today, some teams have been handed points deductions for exceeding the number of engines allowed per car during the season.

STP Racing with Sopp + Sopp have been handed a deduction of 30 points after running three engine more than the allocated two. Proton pilot Daniel Welch has used four power plants with his team mate Ollie Jackson using three.

Laser Tools Racing, who field Aiden Moffat, have used one further engine outside the allotted number and lose ten points.

The same penalty has been handed to Power Maxed Racing, who run Chris Stockton in the Chevrolet Cruze. A total of ten points have also been deducted for using one engine too many.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts