MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After Rob Austin's blatant reverse grid pick, the decree has been made that no current driver, or anyone associated with a current driver or team, will make the draw in the future.

Just in case you missed it, the fastest laps from race 1 will now determine the race 2 grid, max ballast is now 75KG and everyone down to 10th will carry weight.

As joint championship leaders both Neal and Goff start this weekend with max ballast.

Live qualifying at http://www.itv.com/btcc from around 15:35 onwards Saturday 18th April.

Live race day coverage on ITV4/ITV4 HD Sunday 19th April, 10:30 - 18:30.

Provisional BTCC race times:

Race 1 - 11:32
Race 2 - 14:27
Race 3 - 17:17

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
So Ballast is determined by overall rankings?

I thought it was based on the previous sessions results, although I guess in this case it would be the same result?

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So Ballast is determined by overall rankings?

I thought it was based on the previous sessions results, although I guess in this case it would be the same result?
Overall ranking based for qualifying and race 1 and then session based for race 2 and 3 during a meeting.

Ballast steps (KG): 75-66-57-48-39-33-27-21-15-9.

Other rule changes include no more boost adjustments based on lap times, boost is now fixed during the season as the engines were re-tested by TOCA and an independent company.

The way the soft tyres are to be used has also changed, they must be run 3 times in each race in 9 meetings, so you can't run them in race 3 all the time.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm both Neal and Goff appear to be on 66KG according to the graphic.

Goff had a incident with Hunter Abbott during FP1 and now had a warning and 2 points put on his race licence.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm looks like 888/MG got the setup wrong from the amount of spins.

P5 Jordan (0KG).
P13 Goff (66KG).

P1 Turkington (33KG).
P2 Shedden (39KG).
P3 Plato (0KG).

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Another great days racing but the usual Honda 'tap to pass' overtaking spoils it somewhat. MG 888 have appealed the last race result whereby Neal punted Jordan off to gain position. Hopefully that'll get sorted for Thruxton.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts