MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rover 200 Coupe Turbo 1995 (FDH)
The battery went completely flat so I recharged it fully. I am now unable to turn off the alarm or immobiliser. I have tried replacing the battery in the key fob and re synchronising the key (unlocking car using key and pressing the key fob 'lock' button 4 times in quick succession.) but to no avail. When unlocking the car using the key the central locking does not activate and I suspect that this may have something to do with it. Before the battery went flat the key fob operated the central locking and Alarm/immobiliser fine. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Administrator
54,941 Posts
Have you got the EKA code?

Using that in the door will bypass the system until you can get them re-syn'd back together.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. Didn't get one of those! My car is one of the FDH Coupe's that were re-imported from Japan in 97. I bought it then so I'm the only owner. Searched all my records.....can find the original sales docs but no code :( ...is it possible to get it from anywhere considering there is no dealer network... Xpart??

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
hi, i think you can hold drivers handle out and pressing down inner lock and close door,this should stop the alarm,,,,and for the immobilizer take the central looking fuse out,
just till you get it fixed right,,,

hope this helps
all the best
miffs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've just found the EKA code.....hidden in my history file! Thought great-could at least turn off the immobiliser however no joy :(. I reckon there may be a problem with the lock microswitch??? or power source to the door central locking servo?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
34,938 Posts
Try increasing numbers two and four by one digit.

How are you entering code?

//edit - need more details on the car, mileage, history, reg number etc.
//edit edit - just for own curiosity, no other reason!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Using the key to enter code as described in hand book. i.e. Start with locked door- then enter each number of code starting anticlockwise then clockwise for 2nd number of code. Will try your suggestion tommorrow. Cheers.

N plate FDH Coupe Turbo. I'm only owner from re-import (12yrs) 54K miles

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No Joy with increasing numbers two and four by one digit. Will do door strip down to try and isolate problem at weekend.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hello,

My key fob is doing a similar thing to this. mine will not lock the car.. I have tried putting the key in the drivers side door to lock it but it un locks itself again

i have tried locking and pressing the key fob lock button repeatedly but it isnt working.

anyone got any ideas on this one cheers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Solved it!! I stripped down the drivers door and removed the central locking servo. Leaving the ignition on I tested it's operation using the lever that the sill button and door lock are attached to. It operated only very randomly upside down but never in the upright position i.e. how it is installed.

Seeing as it seemed faulty I took it apart. Inside there is a microswitched operated by the lever. There is a small stainless strip attached to the switch which presses the mocroswitch when the lever pushes against it. This appeared to be the problem as the strip looked to have bent slightly so the lever was not quite operating the switch. I bent it back a little and now the switch operates perfectly.

Be careful when taking the servo apart as there are cogs which can pop out. Don't operate the microswitch when the servo is apart as it will cause the cogs to pop out. It took me a while to work out how to put them back together when I did it!!!!

I put it all back together and evrything worked fine enabling me to re-sync the key fob and thus get the immobiliser to switch off! I appears that the central locking needs to be operating to enable this to done.

What a relief...thought it was going to be expensive!

Thanks all for your ideas.

·
Administrator
54,941 Posts
Nice one, well done and thanks for the update as that info may prove very valuable to someone in the future.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
5 Posts
hi

i am doig a turbo conversion on my 220 coupe
i hear i may have troubles with immobiliser will taking the fuse out my central locking work if not does any1 know how to get round it ??
thanks

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
No quick way round it. I could have PM'ed you a method to silence it but it still would not start untill it was disarmed via the EKA code or a working fob.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
5 Posts
No quick way round it. I could have PM'ed you a method to silence it but it still would not start untill it was disarmed via the EKA code or a working fob.
where can i get the eka code i dont think its with docs and what is it ??
if i get another fob wont i have same trouble ??

1 - 20 of 32 Posts