MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Naw, I just don't advertise the TF ones on the net until sold it tomorrow for the wee red Elise! I'll tell you SH04 CXY tomorrow - you ain't seen me right!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Rover IAI is Celestial,metallic blue 2003-2004
Sonic blue was used 2003-2005

Both are just run of the mill metallics ...
I'ts definatly not run of the mill metallic, it's like sunspot yellow and has a slight 2 tone to it, every picture i take of it it seems to look a slight different colour. And no i dont have a rubbish camera before anybody says :bgrin2:

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
I'ts definatly not run of the mill metallic, it's like sunspot yellow and has a slight 2 tone to it, every picture i take of it it seems to look a slight different colour. And no i dont have a rubbish camera before anybody says
Half the colour is made up of white,a hint of burgundy,a fair dollop of transparent grey,a couple of fair dollops of blues,2 types of unspectacular fine/medium aluminiums and voila celestial blue,no pearlescents,no chromatic/chromaflair,effect sparkle,as a painter i would say,just your run of the mill blue metallic basecoat,sorry to disagree,its just a colour nice as it may be.No effect involved.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Half the colour is made up of white,a hint of burgundy,a fair dollop of transparent grey,a couple of fair dollops of blues,2 types of unspectacular fine/medium aluminiums and voila celestial blue,no pearlescents,no chromatic/chromaflair,as a painter i would say,just your run of the mill blue metallic basecoat,sorry to disagree,its just a colour nice as it may be.No effect involved.
Stanna's TF is a Spark edition so it would be Sonic Blue not Celestial :lol:

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Stanna's TF is a Spark edition so it would be Sonic Blue not Celestial :lol:
sorry he didnt make that clear,even easier lol,bit of black,bit of burgundy,blue and 1 aluminium (med) ... as before no pearlescents,no chromatic/chromaflair,as a painter i would say,just your run of the mill blue metallic basecoat,i must add these are "watered down"as half the formula is binder
:)

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Half the colour is made up of white,a hint of burgundy,a fair dollop of transparent grey,a couple of fair dollops of blues,2 types of unspectacular fine/medium aluminiums and voila celestial blue,no pearlescents,no chromatic/chromaflair,effect sparkle,as a painter i would say,just your run of the mill blue metallic basecoat,sorry to disagree,its just a colour nice as it may be.No effect involved.
Correct its not Metallic its pearlesent paint.

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Sonic is, celestial is monogram.
if you say so and it makes you happy to think so,but like I say,when I actually formulate the colours I can guarantee you neither are,sonic is slightly more effecty due to the amount of binder involved making it more delicate.
Pearlescent is colour coated particles ... none are present in either of these,trust me.
Monogram is MG Rover speak for I feel special not a type of paint.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
if you say so and it makes you happy to think so,but like I say,when I actually formulate the colours I can guarantee you neither are,sonic is slightly more effecty due to the amount of binder involved making it more delicate.
Pearlescent is colour coated particles ... none are present in either of these,trust me.
Monogram is MG Rover speak for I feel special not a type of paint.
Thats funny, you know more than a MGR brochure.

·
Registered
101 Posts
sorry he didnt make that clear,even easier lol,bit of black,bit of burgundy,blue and 1 aluminium (med) ... as before no pearlescents,no chromatic/chromaflair,as a painter i would say,just your run of the mill blue metallic basecoat,i must add these are "watered down"as half the formula is binder
:)
I made it clear enough if you read through this thread properly. Also if you look under my name it says MG TF spark :handbag:

My car is special no matter what colour it is. I disagree the phrase ''run of the mill'', It's not a common colour.

Im not one to get into petty arguments about something as stupid as a paint colour so i bid this thread farewell :wavecry:

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I made it clear enough if you read through this thread properly. Also if you look under my name it says MG TF spark :handbag:

My car is special no matter what colour it is. I disagree the phrase ''run of the mill'', It's not a common colour.

Im not one to get into petty arguments about something as stupid as a paint colour so i bid this thread farewell :wavecry:
Sonic blue is one of the best colours for an MG TF :)
Charcoal Grey is one of the best colours for an MGF :)
If I had to have a TF I would have it in either Sonic blue (maybe a similar shade) or Black
When it came to getting my F it had to be either Charcoal Grey or Tatiha Blue :)
But I chose Charcoal Grey, it appealed to me more :broon:

21 - 40 of 65 Posts