MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car unlocks itself and my back doors sometimes doesn't open, how can a this?

also can I get a KeyFob for my Rover620Sli and get it reprogrammed?

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,678 Posts
For your doors unlocking, you should take drivers door card off and inspect microswitch on the drivers door lock, which most probably is loose making doors unlock at will.
For rear door doesn't open, I would suspect that door lock actuator is on its way out, so probably needs replacing soon.

Regarding remotes, since you say your car is 1997, I would assume you have fat ignition key with immobiliser transponder within your key and you do not have small black dome beside interior light switch on your roof interior light.. If I am correct, then you should have RF type of alarm/door central locking. In that case you would need to obtain new remote fob for Rover 600 which must have bar code with I think 20 or 22 digits and find someone with T4 Testbook diagnostic tool (hardware and software) who still knows to operate it for Rover 600 in order to programm new fob to your car. Mentioned bar code must be entered into system, for it to recognise the new fob.

RF (radio frequency) fobs for late 1996-1999 Rover 600 is specific to Rover 600 not used on any other Rover (not sure if Rover 800 had similar system).

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,678 Posts
If you have black dome beside interior light then you have IR (infra red) system for alarm and door central locking. In that case programming of fobs for your car is not possible and dedicated fobs for your car must be obtained. However, as far as I know these fobs are No Longer Available since there is no company that produces them anymore.

In that case I would assume that your car is not exactly 1997 Model Year, but start of 1996. However your rear glass has third brake light mounted which leads me to think that glass was replaced in some point of time.

You will know if glass was replaced in case that front windshield has dotted VIN number stamped on the glass while rear glass do not have it. Also you can see year of glass production on the glass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts