MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the sticks and the mains supply fails regularly, but usually comes back on fairly quickly. In the middle of a bad winter, and with C19 around, I wonder if we could stay disconnected for some days, so I'm wondering about buying a generator.

I know nothing about them. Any recommendations, ideally, staying within £300?

Thanks
Bazz

·
Registered
33 Posts
I used to work quite a lot on Generators and it’s definitely worth getting one with a decent engine, preferably a Honda engine or a Briggs and Stratton. A small generator will be around £150 - 350 new but will only be able to boil a kettle not run a house for a few days. If you want something a bit more hefty you will new a emergency gen these tend to be diesel powered and cost ££££. If your on a budget try looking at the Clark ones in machine mart? Regards James

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to work quite a lot on Generators and it’s definitely worth getting one with a decent engine, preferably a Honda engine or a Briggs and Stratton. A small generator will be around £150 - 350 new but will only be able to boil a kettle not run a house for a few days. If you want something a bit more hefty you will new a emergency gen these tend to be diesel powered and cost ££££. If your on a budget try looking at the Clark ones in machine mart? Regards James
I was thinking a buying anew one, and I think the Honda and B&S are too pricey, but I think you are right that the Clark ones have some heritage and are a good price. I live alone and could probably get by on 1KW - just as long as it keeps the oil-fired central heating going!
Thanks

B

1 - 3 of 3 Posts