MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else using Chrome as their browser and get a pop up asking if they can keep using your details?

Whichever of the options you choose, I cant get rid of the damn thing - HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Is anyone else using Chrome as their browser and get a pop up asking if they can keep using your details?

Whichever of the options you choose, I cant get rid of the damn thing - HELP!!!!!
Yeah, the site privacy thing? It keeps on coming back... I wondered whether it would, unless or until they get the answer they want! :surprise:

·
Registered
mgf
3,581 Posts
Yeah, the site privacy thing? It keeps on coming back... I wondered whether it would, unless or until they get the answer they want! :surprise:
" review or change your settings - now or remind me later? " i did try a few times to see if it would go away.. now i just ignore it..

FB still requires me to login, after telling me to click my profile pic instead, but that dont work either since when i open FB i dont see a profile pic... i get the login request..

Google UK asks me to sign in... and gives a box " remember me " i tick... but even though its accepted my login... next time i get the same screen..

modern technology sucks doesnt it...? it really defies reasoning.

In effect, i imagine how swamped the internet is with useless information, created by the those who proclaim its superiority.... job creation... fiction as purpose.

" ive ticked the box - remember me - about ten times now today, so much for digital memory being better than my own.. you still cant remember me... how many times do i have to tell you? I think google needs to get some alzheimers support.. "

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm convinced that they keep sending the message until you accept it, and open yourself up to all the advertising, cookies etc that they can push your way. I've noticed that lately I'm getting more and more ad's. Perhaps I need to look for a new browser that is less intrusive.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have/am using Chrome and Safari on an iPhone 7 - hardly out of date or poor technology...

·
Registered
mg_tf
192 Posts
I couldn't get passed it with Firefox on Windows 10, although Edge was ok. I opened a support call with the Canadian head office and they had me test a few things and clearly did something as its fine now...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I get hammered with these privacy prompts on all my devices at least once a week.

My theory is that Google do this to drive you crazy and eventually you'll give in and create an account with them then remain signed into Google.

This way, you won't get the privacy prompt anymore.
The downside is you're then open for Google to spy on everything you do and do whatever they please with your data.

Wouldn't recommend you ever stay signed into Google while internetting, even if you've nothing to hide! Check their terms and conditions - it's as close to signing your life away as you can get.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is what I get on my screen, literally very single page, sometimes several times a page:

It is seriously starting to hack me off - please tell me how to stop this!!!!!

I am now getting to stage where I really cant be bothered to log on as much.

Thanks in advance for finding a solution.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh dear its back again - now Ad blocker is not stopping it.

Seriously annoying!

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If this isn't sorted out quickly, I wont bother using this site anymore.

It just isn't worth the aggro for something that seems like it should be so easy to turn off.

Sad, but I cant be bothered to keep turning these messages off on literally every page of the forum I visit.

SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts