MG-Rover.org Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Clearing the cache doesn't do anything here...

·
Registered
mg_tf
653 Posts
Pop-ups back again, can't get rid.
If the people who run this forum ever look here, BLOODY FIX THIS.

Do you want us to go away???

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Can you try to clear the cache? Also can you try to logout (that will clear all cache) and login again? That helped me...

Sorry to say that clearing the cache doesn't do anything at all.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,491 Posts
Do you logout each time you enter the site and login again each time you come to the site?

Also, do you have this pop-up on ecah new page during visit to the forum?

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Do you logout each time you enter the site and login again each time you come to the site?

Also, do you have this pop-up on each new page during visit to the forum?

I have to login every time I switch on the computer and I see that pop up only once a day.
But I'm not to be fussy about, I begin to feel used of that. It's not the end of the world.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,491 Posts
Each time you logout, your cache is cleared. In case you tick checkbox where says "Stay logged in" then you would ot be in position to login each time you start your computer, and that info would be saved in your cache. In that case pop-up window would not show again.
Unfortunately, if you logout each time, then you will need to check pop-up window once you login and no more, as info is in your cache.
In that sense, forum is aware of your choice that you checked, and will do accordingly to your choice.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Each time you logout, your cache is cleared. In case you tick checkbox where says "Stay logged in" then you would ot be in position to login each time you start your computer, and that info would be saved in your cache. In that case pop-up window would not show again.
Unfortunately, if you logout each time, then you will need to check pop-up window once you login and no more, as info is in your cache.
In that sense, forum is aware of your choice that you checked, and will do accordingly to your choice.

I should correct what I've told you in the first place : I've just reboot my system, I'm recognized as Dorchester automatically but that damned pop up is again appearing asking once more for a validation adding "you can change your choice at any time in our privacy centre" ! This distant system looks brainless...

And I must add that from 2015 to 2017 never had I any problem with the same system and the same browser...

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
I think I've found the gremlin!
In my Firefox parameters, the cookies were activated & accepted but only until the switch off of the browser. I've changed that in "until their expiration" and now it seems working: I've shut off Firefox and opened it again and that bloody pop-up is no longer appearing.

However I'll confirm the good news tomorrow: I'm cautious, computers & systems may easily be teasing & fooling us... :lol:

But the truth is your system can't at the same time be protected against unwanted intrusions and using websites without being annoyed... :(

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
It works! :smile:

·
Registered
mg_tf
653 Posts
Google Chrome on a Windows 10 machine.
Logged out, logged in, logged in on a different machine,

Pop-up on every page . . .

Just been on the Alfa owner forum, which seems to run the same software.
Exactly the same pop-up dismissed first time. Make of that what you will.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts

Have you closely examined all your Chrome security parameters?
I bet the devil lies there.
Did you try another browser like Firefox for example or any other else?

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,491 Posts

Have you tried to clear the cache manualy?

41 - 56 of 56 Posts