MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some people might be aware, a few of the rover codes tend to be almost identical in colour.

I'm looking for some cheap touch up paint online for Starlite Silver, Code: MBB

and was wondering if the Leaf Metallic Silver or Platinum Silver are the same as Starlite as currently it's pretty difficult to source the MBB code at short notice.

·
Registered
mg_zs
2,852 Posts
I can get a rattle can knocked up in 10 mins at my local motor factor Autoparts Pontypridd, check local directory to see if anyone in your area does it. I pay £12 for a tin but the match is perfect every time.
I used it on my power fold mirrors, replacement door handles, my s/wheel and a repair on a bumper all matched the X power grey.

·
Registered
2006 MG ZR +120 (HQM) 2004 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,131 Posts
.......and was wondering if the Leaf Metallic Silver or Platinum Silver are the same as Starlite as currently it's pretty difficult to source the MBB code at short notice.
No, they are not the same (markedly different when compared side by side). They are different paint codes because they are different shades. Silver can be difficult to get to match decently at the best of times, without being a different shade.

Any auto paint supplier should be able to mix you up Starlight Silver while you wait (or at least within an hour or two in any case). If you are ordering online, paints4u or AutoPaint St Helens would be good places to start ;) I wouldn't necessarily go for the cheapest you can find - it may not be as carefully mixed. Both the companies on the links are well known and well respected for their paint matching.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts