MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I know this is a propper tim nice but dim question but is the water bottle the same place u top up with coolant if so how much plus it looks red and I see there is a blue one also available. I just dont want to balls it up as I am a pure empty head.mgf 04
Cheers

·
Registered
mg_tf
135 Posts
Hi Tim:LOL:

Yes the coolant reservoir, bottle, is where you would top up the coolant. If you have red in there already, then you should use the same. The coolant should be OAT to be compatible with the coolant system. The coolant reservoir is to the right of the engine bay and may still have the yellow label fitted around the cap.

·
Registered
mg_tf
135 Posts
The should be a mark on the bottle to indicate the level. Typically top up to the bottle joint.

·
Registered
mg_tf
135 Posts
Depends on the concentration of what's in there already and how much you need to put in to top up, also are you topping up with concentrated or ready mixed? If concentrated the dilute to the recommendation on the bottle. If ready mixed, then no need to dilute with water, just use as is.
Added a photo of the coolant bottle just to confirm.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awww nice 1 Luke il just get the ready mixed red then and top the ****** up lol.
Love this car kids bought me it for my 50th in April.
Thanks again mate 👍

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi I know this is a propper tim nice but dim question but is the water bottle the same place u top up with coolant if so how much plus it looks red and I see there is a blue one also available. I just dont want to balls it up as I am a pure empty head.mgf 04
Cheers
WOW- What a present. You'll enjoy it I'm sure. Just read through the forum and pick up tips and ask. Good time to get one as they are all rolled out this time of year - the collectors ones! The rest of us that drive all year around just carry on-although this years been a bit odd and a few flat batteries from doing what we are supposed to do-ie, not using a car unless essential. I did take mine out today after a months lay-up. I find the alarm drains down in 2 weeks-so I had to jump-pack it.
Going back to your question which has been answered, so I wont repeat- but do use OAT and don't put water in. Its encouraging that its red-so is mine, rather than rust colour which is what happens when the under-pipes rot.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Take the lid off the expansion bottle (make sure coolant is cold) and look directly down, if you can see a protruding plastic on the side near the boot the coolant level is low but above minimum. If you can see what appears to be a step with another protruding piece of plastic lower than the one above the coolant level is below the minimum. pictures below is of my very dirty (off the car) coolant bottle which shows the levels inside the expansion bottle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts