MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have an mgf and I'm having problems with it overheating I've checked it and the coolent fan doesnt kick in, it will come on when I unplug the connector from the temperature switch but it stays on all the time when plugged back on the goes back off if anyone could help me with this hat would be wonderfull thanks luke

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
When you say MGF- what year? Also- if you are meaning the engine-bay fan- then thats how its supposed to operate- you unplug it then it comes on and stays on. What fans are you asking about- the front one on the radiator or the engine-bay fan.
Alos- tell us more about your 'overheating' problem- whats it doing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 1999 it's the front radiator fan that's the one that doesnt come on it just overhears for example in traffic but the fan comes on when I unplug the temp sensor thanks

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Sorry, i cant help- i thought the fans switched to earth via the sender.

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,929 Posts
I would start with changing the ECU temperature sensor to see if the issue persists, if the problem continues the issue could be the ECU it self.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I would start with changing the ECU temperature sensor to see if the issue persists, if the problem continues the issue could be the ECU it self.
And if Chris is correct then you might be better installing a switch and fuse to manually control it. You could get a bit tech and fit a thermistor but you need to know what you are doing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts