MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bob the Brit
mg_zs
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys,

picked up my new ZS last week, very pleased so far, but I have a couple of newbie questions:

1. Is there an outside temperature display anywhere?
  2. What's the little slot adjacent to the auto transmission know for?
Finally... my dealer has offered me five years servicing including parts, labour and relevant MOTs for £30 a month. Is this a good deal?

Cheers

Bob

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
HI Guys,

picked up my new ZS last week, very pleased so far, but I have a couple of newbie questions:

1. Is there an outside temperature display anywhere?
  2. What's the little slot adjacent to the auto transmission know for?
Finally... my dealer has offered me five years servicing including parts, labour and relevant MOTs for £30 a month. Is this a good deal?

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum!

Sadly there is no outside temperature display on the instrument panel but it is possible to use the ODB interface together with a bluetooth enabled ODB dongle/mobile phone/Torque Lite and it is able to read the outside temperature probe located engine bay.

The little slots are used for storing parking barrier tickets or other credit card sized things like a fuel payment card.

Considering my first service cost me £204.96

Blights of Bideford charge only £124.18 for the first service.

It really depends on how much your dealer charges for the items normally.

Don't forget that any VAT registered garage should be able to service the vehicle under the block exemption scheme.

More information here:

Cheers..

·
Bob the Brit
mg_zs
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum!

Sadly there is no outside temperature display on the instrument panel but it is possible to use the ODB interface together with a bluetooth enabled ODB dongle/mobile phone/Torque Lite and it is able to read the outside temperature probe located engine bay.

The little slots are used for storing parking barrier tickets or other credit card sized things like a fuel payment card.

Don't forget that any VAT registered garage should be able to service the vehicle under the block exemption scheme.

More information here:

Cheers..
Thanks MattyKan,

I'll think about the outside temperature gauge, although it seems a silly omission, it would have probably cost SAIC a dollar per car, ah well.

The slot I'm referring to is the small - almost USB sized - slot to the front right of the transmission selector.

And thanks for the info regarding service costs, I somehow doubt that here in darkest Essex cots will be on the low side.

Cheers

Bob

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Thanks MattyKan,

I'll think about the outside temperature gauge, although it seems a silly omission, it would have probably cost SAIC a dollar per car, ah well.

The slot I'm referring to is the small - almost USB sized - slot to the front right of the transmission selector.

And thanks for the info regarding service costs, I somehow doubt that here in darkest Essex cots will be on the low side.

Cheers

Bob
Re: slot, is there any chance of a picture of it?

Re: omissions, I find that the lack of tinted glass strange given that the car is mostly used in hotter climates, e.g. China, Austrailia, Thailand, UAE, Saudia Arabia, South America, etc.

Cheers..

·
Bob the Brit
mg_zs
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I had my rear windows tinted, but more for vanity and security.

Photo to follow after the weekend.. away for a couple of days.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yes, I had my rear windows tinted, but more for vanity and security.

Photo to follow after the weekend.. away for a couple of days.

Cheers
I've seen the slot that you are referring to.

It looks like a USB slot but is likely something to do with a gearbox release mechanism in case the car is stuck in Park mode.

The vehicle key (as it looks to be the right shape and size) is probably used to engage whatever is behind the slot.

I am surprised that they didn't place a blanking plate or bung over it though.

Cheers..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum!

More information here:

Cheers..
Wow that was an expensive 1st service. Mine was £141 although they tried to change their price to £171 when I arrived. Have you also noticed that they want to change the coolant on the 2nd service which may go some way to explaining the higher cost. Not sure why they want to change the coolant after just 2 years!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
My first service at Bulldog Twyford was £248 with no faults to be put right. There seem to be huge variations in service charges and it might be useful to compile a list of garage charges across the country. I dread to think what a second service charge will be and it might be worth a long journey and a hotel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts