MG-Rover.org Forums banner

de-assemble indicator compartment

3K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  Dr Dave 
#1 ·
Has anyone an idea how to de-assemble the indicator compartment of an Rover25, if found 4 srews, 2 of them are visable (upper side op the dash) and the other 2 are hidden behind a rubber that is easly removed. But when these 4 screws are loose, i stil can't remove the cover... it seems to be stuck somewhere... but i don't want to break something. Can i do something wrong when i de-assemble something? is it better to disconnect the battery? Tnx, Kevin.

#2 ·
Fizz - indicator compartment? I'm not too sure where you mean....can you be a bit more specific?

I think you may mean the steering column top covers, near to the indicator switches??
or do you mean the instrument binnacle?

Why do you need to get the covers off?
Just curious:D :D :D

#4 ·
Instrument pack binnacle (finisher) removal instructions

Remove
1. Disconnect battery earth lead.
2. Release clamp and lower steering column.
3. Remove 4 screws securing instrument pack surround to fascia.
4. Remove rubber finisher from instrument pack.
5. Release 2 clips securing instrument pack surround to fascia.
6. Remove instrument pack surround.
7. Remove 4 screws securing instrument pack to fascia.
8. Move instrument pack to gain access to multiplugs.
9. Remove multiplugs from instrument pack and remove carefully from dash

That's about it, really :D

It might need a firm 'pull' to remove the finisher, just don't go too mad!

[Edited by Dr Dave on 23-02-2002 at 11:39 AM GMT]

#7 ·
Hi Dave,

Nothing broken, and a lot of the rattle and creaking is fixed, just by stuffing up the open spaces in the dash with islolation material (foam). In the left corner, almost near the front-windshield is still a creaking noise, but i can't seem to get that out... i can't get near it enough (hurted my fingers on trying) :(

Another thing is the shelf in the boot of the car (the thing where you can leave you umbrella on and seperates the boot from the interior, i don't know how it is named in english) every bump you take it hops up, and i find that anoying, any suggestion for fixing that? Of course without loosing acces to the luggage boot.

Tnx, Kevin.

[Edited by fizz on 28-02-2002 at 09:16 AM GMT]

#11 ·
Tnx Dave, i phoned my local dealer, but he didn't know the part, neither the part number (it didn't show up in his computer), they would phone the head-dealer in brussels to ask about it... fingers crossed :D
Again, tnx allot for you help !!! :)

#13 ·
Hi,

The new number you gave seems to be correct! Its ordered, and wil be at the dealers somewhere next week!

Does the part really helps? and about where do you fit it, becouse there won't be any manual with it i guess...

tnx,
kevin.

#14 ·
The parcel shelf has a metal bar running through it, underneath.

The plastic 'hinges' fix into this hollow bar, by an interference fit8)

Basically, bash the new ones in, while first making sure you get them in the right way up>=(coz if you get it wrong, you can only use them once:red:

Sometimes, a little super-glue helps:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.