MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We use to have Sky Sports for the Arsenal matches and also to watch the Scottish matches like Celtic and even followed the Seire A games. Bit of a Juventus supporter. Anyway, with work and University, I ended up with no time to watch most of the games.
Instead I just relied on my Arsenal membership to have Arsenal Player. One major problem is that you can only listen to the match and then have to wait up to 48hrs for the match to be shown on the player.
Really sucks not being able to watch it live. The only football I follow now is the EPL. Scottish football is total rubbish and our local Irish football is beyond a joke.

I was looking on the Arsenal website and near all their matches are on Sky Sports. Spoke to the wife and she called today and got the SS turned back on. So now I can finally watch live Gunners again. I did try streams but it was always crap quality, shut down very quick or riddled with viruses and adverts.

One major point of sell to me was the F1 channel they now have. Looking forward to checking that out tonight.

So do you have SS and do you feel it is value for money? We are paying £27 a month for it via Virgin. So it surely is not a cheap thing to subscribe to.

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
I had it briefly once for rugby league. I realised I could watch it cheaper if I actually went to the matches.

One thing I've realised with virgin media is the picture quality far exceeds that of sky itself. It's like the difference between looking at a jpeg file and a BMP file. They must have some really crappy compression software compared to virgin.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I had it briefly once for rugby league. I realised I could watch it cheaper if I actually went to the matches.

One thing I've realised with virgin media is the picture quality far exceeds that of sky itself. It's like the difference between looking at a jpeg file and a BMP file. They must have some really crappy compression software compared to virgin.
Virgin has more bandwidth to play with as well

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I have skysportsf1 only, which is included in the HD package I have.

I would never get it either as it is so easy to stream sports through the internet these days, although not completely legitimate I know.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
I don't have it.

I save my sodding cash and do without lol. Might be cheaper finding a pub that shows the matches you want and going there to nurse a pint?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have it.

I save my sodding cash and do without lol. Might be cheaper finding a pub that shows the matches you want and going there to nurse a pint?
Pub is even worse mate. I use to be in a supporters club and we met at the local social club for every match. Always came out drunk with a minimum of £20 spent of beer. They do 3 buds for a £5. Which was nice compared to £4.20 in the main stream bars / clubs.

Last night was brilliant. Had Liverpool on SS1, Celtic on SS2 , Barcelona on SS4 then Real Madrid and the F1 channel to watch. Beyond happy the wife got it back for me.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Nope, BT Sport for me although I have used NOW TV twice this year and paid for 24hours of sports to watch a couple of Rangers games.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have the whole package of everything from Sky. Is it value for money, I probably am not watching the extra £30/month worth for the movies and sports but I do like the options of it being there and I can watch it whenever.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
We have Freeview... and thats it. :lol:
Additional Subscription cost: £0

Don't bother with any of the subscription stuff as it costs too much.

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
We've had the full package including Sky Sports for as long as I can remember. Once the current contract expires I plan to drop movies and sports as we rarely watch either. I only ever watch Sky Sports for the Man Utd games but BT Sport seem to have quite a few of those and I begrudge paying extra for BT Sport so I think I'll just go watch the games at the nearest pub when they're on.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope, BT Sport for me although I have used NOW TV twice this year and paid for 24hours of sports to watch a couple of Rangers games.
Glasgow Rangers?
I thought they had their own Rangers TV service online? I know they dont show live due to license agreements with Sky etc.
There is a Rangers supporters club near me and you can hear them on match days lol.
Last time I seen the Gers play was at Windsor park against Linfieild back in 2011.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Glasgow Rangers?
I thought they had their own Rangers TV service online? I know they dont show live due to license agreements with Sky etc.
There is a Rangers supporters club near me and you can hear them on match days lol.
Last time I seen the Gers play was at Windsor park against Linfieild back in 2011.
They due. But due to UK licencing laws I cannot watch a live stream on Rangers TV within the UK. They upload all matches from the past 10 years for instant streaming which can be viewed any time.

on match day the match is available in the UK after midnight

..... Unless you fool your IP to think its in mainland europe :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts