MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here but was on Rovertech for years and still on rcoc, early last year I bought a rover 620 ti as I wanted to have one before it was too late, I happened across one of the last ever made W57 PLL that is the original reg and on log book was registered in 2000. Does anyone know of this car as I'd like a bit of history to understand some of the mods, it's developed a nasty smoking habit and a turbo rebuild has not solved the issue, it has a t28 nissan unit and a very odd crank breather set up which I need to understand before I decide to open her up and check rings and valve stem seals and so on. Many thanks in advance if some one knows of the car and can help.

Regards,

Wayne

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hi, was also a regular poster on RT (same user name as on here).

Your Ti's reg doesn't immediately ring bells; only poster on there I remember with a late model Ti was DIN, can't remember if it was a "V" or "W", but thought he ended up having to scrap it and then used the engine to do his ZS T-series conversion (or maybe he kept that one and scrapped his other Ti).

I'm not that mechanically minded, but would get crank breather set up back to OEM and see if that stops/reduces the smoking. Don't recall ever seeing change of the crank breather pipework (have seen some change the cam breather set up to include a catch tank).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply I might try capping it off and restoring to standard and see if it makes any difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts