MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All

Trying to get a good seal on the drivers door is giving me nightmares! After much fiddling the glass in now stuck at the top of its stroke. So I assume that It has jumped the glass stop. And that why it will not wind down.

Problem is how do I release it so I can get the window down. I have searched the forum but some of the advice is a lttle confusing especially as the glass is stuck in the up/closed position, so removing the glass stop seen impossible.

Your advice would be help.

PS: I was trying to decrease the window height, but must have increase it! On that subject the glass height adjustment (bolts C and F in the manual) do not seem to adjust as much as I want. Again any ideas?

·
Registered
558 Posts
The glass stop can flip round if you loosen the nut too far. To resolve you need to loosen completely then try to reach under until you can feel the stop, them rotate it 180 degrees.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi roobs

Which side of the drivers door, from the inside, is the stop? Can you see it or do you gave to feel for it. How do you loosen it if its up in the door? Nur/alan screw?

Sorry to be a pain but this is the usual MG build rubbish.

·
Registered
558 Posts
You take off the the door card and there are bolts for window adjustment at a number of points. If you search on here for glass adjustment there are details of which bolt does what. The glass stop bolts are located along the top inside of the door, but there are also locking bolts that need to be released first. It's hard to describe and may require a bit of hit and miss experimentation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Roobs

Yes bolts C and D ( from the manual ) are the glass stops (Should I take the bolts right out?). I have loosened them but glass still does not move.

Looked at the rest of the ajusting tthe only one I can see that may have an effect on the glass is bolt G which I can ajust access with a spanner. The other do not seen to have any influence on the height of the glass.

Still totally confused!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Iirc when the same happened to me, I loosened them but didn't fully remove. Then I reached up under the metal to the base of the window and fumbled around until I could feel the stop them rotated by 180 degrees. The base of the window has a sort of lip that the stop hooks over, but when the stop has rotated it suits under the lip and stops the window lowering

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Moring roob

Sorry I must be dim, but cannot find anything that may resemble a stop by feel. Is the stop to the right or left hand side of the door? Is it on the glass or the winding frame? (Drivers door from the inside).

There are no plastic bits in the bottom of the door and I cannor see a blue/white plastic thing. Maybe the previous ownes fitter the new modified stops!

Would it not be better to remove the glass, as I can get a socket onto those two screws. Dont know if that will help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
roob quick update

Remove body fixed angle bracket with plastic cover after a bit of wiggiling (I assume this is the actual body stop). Once off I could see the window (glass) stop. It is the updated version.

Could now lower glass. Removed Glass stop in order to raise glass to re-fit body stop.

Hopefully I can now continue with adjusting the doors seal!

Thanks for your help it is appreciated.

Robert

1 - 9 of 9 Posts