MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.. So whilst the engine gearbox is off and driveshafts are out, I am changing all gaiters etc so that I know everything is done. I have however, received 2 X inner gaiters (Part No: ZUA001150)
and they are nothing like the ones on there. I was going to put the new ones on, but realised that when I place the round large plastic washer inside, (which I have noticed sits against the constant velocity joint) it moves about far too much, and so I'd need to push it further into the gaiter, but this then means its too far to sit against the joint itself - which I presume is needed as to stop the Greese flying away?... Anyway, does anoyone else have a difference part number at all, that would mean a like for like replacement?? Many thanks as always ...

(Please see below - it's No.6)

Attachments

·
Registered
mg_zr
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the pictures seems that you received ZUA000910 instead of ZUA001150. I would rang supplier and ask,for the correct one.
Thats the thing - I didn't..unless they boxed them up incorrectly? I ordered and received both the ZUA000910 AND ZUA001150 as I wanted to change them all. Trouble is, they are all the same so I guess they could have been boxed incorrectly do you think?.. but X 2? Hugh mistake to make hey!.. I will call them though tomorrow and ask...

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,544 Posts
If you cannot fit them, they are not fit the purpose. They should not be the same, as picture suggested as well. It would not be the first time wrong items are boxed uder different label. Would not be surprised supplier got them boxed wrong from manufacturer, or if they are new lod stock, to be wrongly boxed in the first place. Anyhow I would use pictures to tell them what you got and what you paid.

·
Registered
mg_zr
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you cannot fit them, they are not fit the purpose. They should not be the same, as picture suggested as well. It would not be the first time wrong items are boxed uder different label. Would not be surprised supplier got them boxed wrong from manufacturer, or if they are new lod stock, to be wrongly boxed in the first place. Anyhow I would use pictures to tell them what you got and what you paid.
Hi Roverlike - yes it does make you think doesn't it.. it MUST be poor boxing - I am waiting to hear back from them...

·
Registered
mg_zr
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi just an update for you - The original one was checked and it appears all correct what was in the box - also when I called a well known MG garage - they said that the only time the plastic discs were seen inside gaiters, was on Honda cars. I can therefore only assume that what was on the car was not original ones. Anyway these are now off and the new ones fitted... now to get back to working out what bolt goes where on the gearbox lol...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts