MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi got a 2016 mg 6 had EML light on took to mg had pre dpf sensor fitted then all codes removed within 24 hrs light back on replaced post dpf sensor same happened again.car runs absolutely fine just the EML light .the car is a diesel any ideas thanks

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Hi got a 2016 mg 6 had EML light on took to mg had pre dpf sensor fitted then all codes removed within 24 hrs light back on replaced post dpf sensor same happened again.car runs absolutely fine just the EML light .the car is a diesel any ideas thanks
Without being able to access all the MG specific codes logged hard to advise.

How many miles has the car done?

What dtc's were originally stored?

Diesels with dpf's can very problematic even more so with the 6 where the engine is not as well known as other diesels.

The only reason I bought my 6 diesel was because I had managed to get diagnostics for my 3 and other SAIC MG MODELS and was able to perform DPF regents along with reading all error codes.

Don't have my 6 anymore as garage could not fix the knocking noise I bought it from so ended up taking it back as not fit. Otherwise I'd probably still have it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Without being able to access all the MG specific codes logged hard to advise.

How many miles has the car done?

What dtc's were originally stored?

Diesels with dpf's can very problematic even more so with the 6 where the engine is not as well known as other diesels.

The only reason I bought my 6 diesel was because I had managed to get diagnostics for my 3 and other SAIC MG MODELS and was able to perform DPF regents along with reading all error codes.

Don't have my 6 anymore as garage could not fix the knocking noise I bought it from so ended up taking it back as not fit. Otherwise I'd probably still have it.
Thanks for reply the car has done only 22000 miles bought at 15000 miles in april.regarding codes my local mg garage sent codes direct to mg London so I don't know the codes.when advised by mg strange thing is mg said they cannot guarantee this will work which it didn't they said it's a process of elimination which I find strange as I said the car runs great such a mystery so waste of money on the sensor

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Thanks for reply the car has done only 22000 miles bought at 15000 miles in april.regarding codes my local mg garage sent codes direct to mg London so I don't know the codes.when advised by mg strange thing is mg said they cannot guarantee this will work which it didn't they said it's a process of elimination which I find strange as I said the car runs great such a mystery so waste of money on the sensor
Garages work on diagnostics and changing parts and known troublesome parts as a process of elimination these days. So you can end up paying a fortune to get an issue resolved. Having access to what codes it is throwing up would at least be a place to start and try and figure it out.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I say possible dpf regen issues could easily cause it. Have you noticed it doing dpf regents at all? If it doesn't complete regents cause of the fault then that will cause you a whole world of problems on top.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah had pre and post dpf sensors replaced within last 2 months mg say they are working fine tried cleaning starter motor earth point now garage in process of changing fuel filter now.which I believe is not the easiest job.begining to think it might be some sort of short circuit somewhere .how long is a piece of string !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts