MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
rover_200_95_99
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We would like to invite you ALL along this Sunday the 7th September as we are having a End of season car & Bike show at the Jolly Farmer, we usually hold the monthly ford meet here were we get over 200 cars most months. This Sunday the 7th we have a show that welcomes any car & Bike, its an all day event with trade stands, BBQ, Competitions and magazines turning up as well so it starts at 10am until whenever everybody leaves. However no hooning about upon departure as the venue has had 1 final warning and we do not want to lose it for future meets. Location is Jolly Farmer Pub, Whitewood Lane, Horn, South Godstone, RH9 8JR.

(No sign up needed, just drive and arrive and park yourself wherever you want!)

Ill be there in my ZR

The reason this is a short post is because all the information is on the below so get those invites out as we are trying to hit 400-500 throughout the day!

Like this link for the homepage - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jolly-Farmer-Pub-Ford-Meet/258270357677943

Like this link for the event, click weather attending or not so we get an idea in numbers. - https://www.facebook.com/events/1450548741896554

Just for a taster here is a video of our monthly meet which is considerably smaller! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7gjtCy974s

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I take it from your username that was your cossie parked by the entrance to the field last weekend then? :)

I'd echo the sentiments that the minority shouldn't spoil it for the majority. The locals get (are!) seriously hacked off with the minority that are compensating for something. It doesn't surprise me that there are so many complaints to be honest. I was there last weekend briefly whilst passing (I was on my bicycle, my girlfriend on her horse). Pretty much everyone leaving the venue was really considerate, but there's always at least one...! Here's a hint for one memorable knob in particular: Wheel-spinning out of a car park isn't big or clever, especially when there's a big ****-off horse right behind your car with someone on it...

Luckily this particular horse is bomb-proof but to anyone going please note there are several equestrian yards in that area so you can pretty much guarantee there will be horses on the road near the venue; there are a lot of them about, especially at weekends. The bridle path directly opposite the entrance to the pub is on a very popular horse riding route :broon: Also, both bends either side of the pub are blind so please just bear that in mind :)

·
Registered
rover_200_95_99
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not my cossie mate! I have a ZR but run the facebook page and promtion side ofit. The burnout used to be fine back at the ba club in crawley as it was down the back of an industrial estate but now its just stupid!

Are you coming down to this one?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Possibly. I'm in Horne pretty much every weekend to see the aforementioned horse, but I think we have something else already arranged this Sunday. I'll try and pop by though :)

I'll be in my grey ZS 120 hatchback I should think; come and say hi if you spot me :)

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Cossie, is your ZR blue? I have a feeling it was you I saw several months ago near Ansty (Haywards Heath)? Flashed each other. (I drive a Yellow MK2 ZR.

My Sept is fully booked sadly!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts