MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_sd1
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day all, I still j]have a problem with my 2.0 diesel after top overhaul.
The engine on cold start takes 10 or sec to start but runs lumpy then dies after 10 seconds.

The second start is less lumpy holding the 1000 rpm level however the engine takes 30 or so seconds to rev., during which plumes of white smoke are seen if the engine is lightly revved at say 1500 - 2000 rpm. The lumpy run stops once the smoke clears.

Little smoke is seen once the engine when operating temp is reached.

When warm on start I have to sit for about a 30 seconds to minute for the engine to sort itself out before driving off. In this the engine again does not rev however starts instantly with little smoke.

I checked the wiring to the TPS and that of the no1 injector. Plus disconnected the EGR.

The MIL has been on for some months but the ECU shows no errors using the Bosch engine diagnostics.

It may help to know that after a run the engine exhaust emission smells of diesel but no black smoke when driving or light revving.

I had thought that it was valve guides as I did not change these. But then I should see the same amount of smoke when I restart after say an hour after standing.

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
Sounds like coolant might be entering the combustion chambers to me.

·
Registered
rover_sd1
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like coolant might be entering the combustion chambers to me.

Thanks Ian but I already checked for that, zero water loss for now. This is real oil smoke as if there is a blown Turbo seal. It hangs in the air whereas steam does not and it smells of oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts