MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DONT BUY IT!!!!

It is by far the worst football game ive ever bought! I cant comment on the other platforms, but (for the Wii) its like they spent months developing it for the PS3 & Xbox360 & then on the day before release thought "Maybe we could make extra money by releasing it on the Wii also?"

Yes the fun elemants of the game are just that, great fun (table football, keepie uppies etc) but if you want to get down to the serious stuff of playing a proper game (not the 8v8 game) its irritating!! The controls just dont work. If you swing the remote to clear the ball but continue swinging for fraction of a second after the player has released the ball, the game 'assumes' that that is the next action for the recieving player, so as soon as your player gets it it hoofs it again!! Also if you do hoof it up field but its heading to a player that isnt highlighted, obviously you press the button to change player which it does (allbeit slowly!), but then it automatically passes the ball to whereever your pointer is!! ARRRGGGHHH!!!!

Yes you can practice & learn to avoid problems with the bits above, but it goes against the natural gameplay & it takes part of the fun out! :(

As for online gaming!!! :eek:mg: I think EA dusted of an old server from the 90's to host the Wii online section as it drops the connection 60-80% of the time! Ive had maybe 20 games, of which over a dozen have lost connection (& no its not my network, its a know problem). The annoying thing is that if your losing at the time (whether your 5 or 55min into the game) & it drops the connection, it sees the result as a loss & affects your rank accordingly!

PES 2009 is out next year so ill give that a go! Doubt it can any worse :dunno:

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
lol im completely against you on this :p

I have had this since release day & havent once swapped the game, I am in season 2014 with crewe alex ( as I was sacked by stoke ) & still enjoying scoring & defending........

I have to agree very difficult to start with but stick with it & it gets so much easier !!! I was a keen player of last years though

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol im completely against you on this :p

I have had this since release day & havent once swapped the game, I am in season 2014 with crewe alex ( as I was sacked by stoke ) & still enjoying scoring & defending........

I have to agree very difficult to start with but stick with it & it gets so much easier !!! I was a keen player of last years though

Have you played it online yet?? That is the major niggle factor, getting booted out of 5 games in 6 is incredibly annoying!! I actually threw the game across the living room yesterday!! only to then pick it up an hour later.... i hate this game but its the only footie one ive got at the moment :(

Also little things like the non-existant ref! I got red carded the yesterday & the only way i knew about it was a small symbol/message thing in the corner. Aslo, maybe im looking wrong... but i like PES where you can go into the pause menu & very easily see how tierd each of your players are & whos injured... cant find this on Fifa??

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Have you played it online yet?? That is the major niggle factor, getting booted out of 5 games in 6 is incredibly annoying!! I actually threw the game across the living room yesterday!! only to then pick it up an hour later.... i hate this game but its the only footie one ive got at the moment :(

Also little things like the non-existant ref! I got red carded the yesterday & the only way i knew about it was a small symbol/message thing in the corner. Aslo, maybe im looking wrong... but i like PES where you can go into the pause menu & very easily see how tierd each of your players are & whos injured... cant find this on Fifa??

Yeah there is no way I am saying its amazing, but I love quick thrill games & there is no bigger thrill than mastering the freekick in fifa with the nunchuck & wiimote :p last season I managed 27 freekicks with my homegrown livermore , the nunchuck controls the dip & the wimote controls the curl so you can curl it over a wall & dip it under a bar it is so fun scoring from the halfway line, all you have to do is select a player with average accuracy & high power on shots aim at the GK with a lot of curl & it will miss the gk & go straight in the corner great feeling .

Internet play is abysmal , i played 2 or 3 games & just gave up because i was losing against poor players purely because the lag & the wii mote would say low battery & then suddenly say it was full 2 secs later but the game didnt pause. Other than that the controls changed so i wasn't used to the style.

Seriously though get a buddy round & you ll scream & shout at the scream as you make mad efforts at scoring against each other, this beats mario kart in quick thrill terms. I'm still learning new controls & that to make things easier for me but yeah loads of problems with the game itself.

The manager mode in itself is basic, i am crewe i have won the premierleague twice, won the uefa cup once & the champs league once , plus the fa cup twice & league cup once, but I still havent signed a player over 2 million because you don't seem to earn money in this game the only way I do it is by taking players on free & selling them, in my first season I signed elano on free & sold him to arsenal for 15 million & thats the only way I have managed to make money.

I think the level of difficulty is pretty good though as its all hard when you start & now Im on the second most difficult I do still lose some & win mostly but it depends on the oppositions style of play against my all out attack & no defence ( lol hold the - button & the GK runs out & saves the one on one with the striker more times than not )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts