MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forza followers like myself will know that later this year Forza is launching the next in it's series of games.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/FH/Default.aspx

I have to say having watched the xbox e3 announcment that Forza Horizon seems to be moving away from driving simulation to arcade. The emphasis on road racing, big-air and e-braking doesn't have me on the edge of my seat although the one thing I thought missing in Forza, night racing, has been addressed.

I reserve judgement on this until more information is released but i don't think i will be putting my Forza 4 disc away anytime soon.

For those who still find time to unwind there are a few clubs still active if you wish to join:

RTCH - Rovertech racing (25 members) by invite only
MGUK - MG Rover UK (1 - me!) by requests
MGRo - MG Rover owners (3 members) by request

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
2,261 Posts
The good news is that Turn 10 are working on Forza 5. Horizon is just a stop-gap. Not that I'm not looking forward to it as I loved the arcade style PGR games , and the new studio thats developing it (Playground Games) is made up of people that worked on PGR , Shift, Blur , Burnout, F1, Pure , Split Second etc.

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,682 Posts
Although the graphics are good FORZA4 didn't do it for me, there are older games that are better, the best thing about 4 is the ammount of cars and tuning/customiseation you can do to them.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
maybe just using it to see how well they can get day/night and who kows, even possibly dynamic weather sorted in time for Forza 5.

The F1 game had a dynamic weather system. It's the main thing most racing games are missing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts