MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I recently got rid of my sky tv. I have reverted to freesat, is there any way that I can get my sky box to record.
I know sky will charge me a nice little sum to allow this but is there another way.
Thanks

·
Registered
11,863 Posts
Hi
I recently got rid of my sky tv. I have reverted to freesat, is there any way that I can get my sky box to record.
I know sky will charge me a nice little sum to allow this but is there another way.
Thanks
You can't ask on here for illegal hacks for things like this just so you know, it's against the forum rules.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can you just buy a PVR and record the same as anyone else with satellite tv
Yep can do was just wondering if there was a way of making use of the sky box.
Was not looking looking for anything dodgy just seemed a waste buying a new recorder when I have a perfectly usable sky box

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cancelled the sky tv so have reverted to freesat which means the box will not record.
If I pay sky £10 a mnth they will enable the recording feature.

·
Registered
7,871 Posts
This is why I opted not to go for Freesat from Sky, and got myself a dual tuner Freesat HD PVR.

Cost a few quid but paid for itself in a few months with the savings I made from not forking out each month.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
If you remove the card from youre sky box it will continue to work as a freesat box anyway,i think you get more channels that way too.as for recording go buy an old vcr at car boot or even a dvd recorder theyre pretty cheap.but no sky+ wont work after you stop paying them,sorry this prob doesnt help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts