MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my fuel pump part number WFX100922 is now obsolete and unavailable is there another pump that will fit , or a simple modification I can do to make one fit thanks again Tom.

·
Registered
rover_45
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I have a problem that cant be fixed then I'll have to get rid of the car and I have spent a lot of money on her to have a brand new rear suspension fitted as well as belts and all brakes as well Gutted it's a lovely car .

·
Registered
rover_45
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes bud I have tried that but it wont sit in the recess at the gym of the tank ? It has a square section on the btm of the tank that the original pump sat into as the original has 2 black filters on the bottom the one you are on about is just a flat btm pump but is also about an inch bigger in diameter as well see ??

·
Registered
rover_45
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I tried them now bud but there dont have any info on that sort of thing there said so stuck yet again I'm afraid .

·
Registered
rover_45
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It the fuel pump itself bud that's gone and it is now obsolete I've been on to Rimmer Bros and there told me this ,There is one with the same number listed on ebay which I purchased but its larger diameter pump and at the bottom of my tank there is a plastic tray that the original pump fits into but the new one sits on top as it a larger diameter so it lifts pump up by 2 " So it is to high see also there is a plastic piece on base of new pump that protrudes but that could be cut off no problem it's the tray that's creating the problem bud Thanks for trying to help me as well
Tom

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Can you not disassemble the unit & try to replace just the pump itself, I have no idea if that is even feasible, but it looks like it may come apart by lifting the tabs (Red) & getting the pump out of the centre (Blue). Then maybe post an image of just the pump somebody might then recognise it as off something they have played with in the past. Long shot I know but it might be cheaper than a new car.

Selection_238.jpg

Another option might be if the fuel can still be pulled through the existing pump, put another inline pump after that unit, as long s it's over 3 Bar if you're running an injection engine.

·
Registered
rover_45
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont want to risk that with it being petrol bud if you can understand where I'm comming from I'm going to bite the bullitt and try to get tray out of tank much safer option for me so thanks again bud ok

1 - 13 of 13 Posts