MG-Rover.org Forums banner

201 - 220 of 226 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Another goodie, a viking - the last one I promise! - to enlighten a little the grill, with my very birth year, not the second unfortunately... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Roverlike

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Lockdown being what it is, on Thursday my cabby chic was very keen to get a good under bonnet aesthetic improvement.
Hence I did it thanks to my bottle of Turtle Wax black in a flash on every black bit - large or tiny: head cover, air box, fuse box & the like, including every reachable hose or cable.

Unbeatable & noticeable: it looks now like an uprated engine bay! :cool:
Picture may follow provided I can take the car out of the garage...
N.B. I did the same in my 75 engine bay and very soon in the 25.
I think this post needs a picture... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
As usual @gnu a picture is always better but as they say "black is black"! Hence nothing very shiny or spectacular but I'll do it tomorrow when going to 'les jardins des Martels', a succession of lovely gardens which are just been opened again after so long a closure.

Reactions: gnu

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Sir @gnu your wish is my command...
Here we are.

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Very smart. Is that an upgraded inlet manifold? Not one of the usual plastic ones I’m used to seeing on the K. I had an R8 Rover many years ago; a good car.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Very smart. Is that an upgraded inlet manifold? Not one of the usual plastic ones I’m used to seeing on the K. I had an R8 Rover many years ago; a good car.
As far as I know I assume that the IM is the original one. My 1994 cabby was sold as a limited serie with same spec as the 216 ones : BRG only, full lightstone leather, electric hood and windows, alloys and... metal IM.
Which series had the plastic one and which the metal one, that's the question !

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
it has the very early inlet manifold, im sure the 1.1 8v had a similar one
Thank you @YasmineGotham . I've just been told that by another mate.
But my car was sold in Paris in August 1994 and I thought that lots of them had been built since the end of 1992... :unsure:
Does 'early' R8 means built 1989-1995?

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
At least one of my latest finds is safely arrived home. I say that because I've got lot of stuff trapped somewhere among the mess in the French post! A central heater board (two should I say because the Swedish plant sent me one more, lost as well at the moment), a camcorder, 2 Rover 25 tailgate gas struts and so on... :mad:
But this one arrived and even better earlier than estimated from Germany:
a 70s Swiss made winder wrist watch beautified by a Rover logo with BRG ground colour! :love:
I don't know why but since ages I've ever felt uneasy with quartz watches, ennoyed to have to ask so often a jeweller to swap the battery. :(
I could have show that under my Last Fleet Admiral topic, but the BRG does match better my cabby... :cool:
I'm puzzled to know whether 'she' had sisters...? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #212
Yes I knew that R8 means before 1996. But I wouldn't say that a 1994 R8 is an early one.
As I've a collector's soul as you might have guess, I like to poke around on the web hunting for some Rover memorabilia. At the moment I'm gathering several Rover 200 brochures related with years 1991 to 1995 and in French if possible.
I would love to find out the recto verso leaflet related to my 1994 French Limited Edition; it does exist, I've found a picture of it on google but finding one of the good year looks tricky...

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
This leaflet (2 pages – 23 x 27 – 04/1994):

I fear that unless a miracle it may remain NLA... :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #214
Rover watch, whatever next? No, never seen before.
What's next did you say @gnu ?
This one fit for my lovely cabby (and my tweed jacket... ;) ):

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
That’s your car! Where do you find these things? :giggle:
On the flea bay indeed (English, French and so on)! :D and on a few website as well like 'Le Bon Coin' (the right spot)...

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
And now I looking for an article 'When Rover beats BMW' written in a British car magazine around 1998/1998 when the first 75 went out of Cowley plant.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
A good find recently: one Rover workshop manuals in French bought from a retired Rover mechanic who worked very close to Rover France headquarters in Paris North suburb.
The very big ring binder devoted to the Rover engines is constituted by several additions made from 1995 to 1999 for the 200, 400, 600 & 800 series, and one booklet is precisely devoted to the 200 in 1995, hence to my cabby as well.
A bit clearer & easier access than that RAVE manual I'm frequently lost in.
I'm a scholar of the old school you know: I prefer paper books to those aMAZEing numeric files...

Reactions: Roverlike

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Mind you it's not the end... ;)
Here is a French 1993 brochure presenting the new Rover cabriolet.
Don't moan because the text is in French: you may ever learn every day eh? :cool:

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Nice collection. Well that’s my French homework for the evening. Lots about the security systems in the brochure! Does your’s have the ABS option?

201 - 220 of 226 Posts