·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #161

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #163 (Edited)
Nice collection. From that photo, did you go or were you spying from a distance? ;)
I was just standing above on a sloppy path, coming out from the Magrin castle, built on the top of the hill as usual, TBH not that high, only 350m but overlooking a 360° stunning landscape... It is the parking of the castle, located at mid height on a south bank of the hill. As we were around 25 cars and 45 members of the club, it had been overcrowded!

Reactions: gnu

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Both bush-trailing arms Delphi TD263W fitted. Hard job for 2 guys because the whole rear suspension has to be taken off to swap each piece. BTW they cleaned, removed rust if any (not sure...) & lubricated everywhere that was needed. £100 (120€).
The old ones - likely original ones - were severely knackered.
But driving back home TBH no noticeable change regarding creaks or handling in corners...
I don't care as far as something is corrected and no longer wrong or damaged. :)

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Another gremlin on the way...: rear screen demister!
The switch doesn't look working properly hence no demist I guess.
When I push on the button it cannot stay half engaged like the other switches (rear fog or warning lights) and it doesn't light on.
I've controlled the 25A fuse #23: it's fine.
Is it a 'simple' switch problem or worse?
I should add that the boot wiring harness has just been redone and is like brand new, hence no moisture or knackered wires problem there.
If it's a question of swapping the rear screen demister switch close to the steering wheel, I've had a quick overview on Ebay and I cannot see any convenient item: all the switches I've seen are to be fit on later models 1996 onwards.
Any good R8 mk2 (1992-1995) cab switch available here chaps?
And BTW which is the Rover reference number? Rimmer's is painful: when they don't have one any longer, they don't give the reference... :confused:
Thanks a lot for your time & help. :)

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,679 Posts
Switch part number you are seeking is YUG10075. There are still new examples but in some cases far away.

You will find second hand ones plenty on the market, but not as a single switch, rather as a part of three switches with its holder - Hazard, rear demister and rear fog.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #167 (Edited)
Switch part number you are seeking is YUG10075. There are still new examples but in some cases far away.
You will find second hand ones plenty on the market, but not as a single switch, rather as a part of three switches with its holder - Hazard, rear demister and rear fog.
Thank you so much @Roverlike.
I've seen a block of three on Ebay in Lithuania but it's in very bad condition on the front, even the seller declares it good.
On another hand I've seen a few other blocks but they haven't the same function in the same order as in my cabby:

I think I've found one alone with the only demister switch outside Ebay. It comes with its genuine Rover box.

YUG10075, Switch rear demist, Rover

I guess it may be far distant for it's priced in $ and the colour may be slightly different because mines aren't that new...

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,679 Posts
On another hand I've seen a few other blocks but they haven't the same function in the same order as in my cabby:
It does not matter if block is not in the same order as yours. You only need rear scree demister, since you will take switch you need from the block, and replace your in the block.

To answer question from another forum, your Heated Rear Window Relay is the same as in your Rover 25 - Round one in the fuse box under steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
It does not matter if block is not in the same order as yours. You only need rear scree demister, since you will take switch you need from the block, and replace your in the block.
To answer question from another forum, your Heated Rear Window Relay is the same as in your Rover 25 - Round one in the fuse box under steering wheel.
Thank you once more.
I understand about the block. But there aren't many fit to the R8 mk2 on the net.
Regarding the relay, I bet it's working because I would be very surprised if it works only with the rear demister. Am I wrong ?

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,679 Posts
Relay mentioned works only for the rear demister. However I do not suspect the relay. I do not recall this type of relay is prone to malfunction.

Regarding blocks, there will be more on the net. They come and go. At one time I saw selection of some 10 blocks ...

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Guess what? o_O
I think last week I might have been drug abused, cursed or drunk or something of the like! :rolleyes:
Sorry mate for your time & disturbance: I've just tried once more my switch... it lights on & it works and the heater is blowing at the back! o_O:D:love:
The only thing I'd done is taking away the 25A fuse #23 & put it back. A bad contact? :unsure:
However my fuse box looks clean & tidy... :rolleyes:
Thank you once more for your kind help as usual. (y)(y)(y)
Happy end! :giggle:

Reactions: Roverlike

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Any lightstone beige front armrest?
Is anybody here aware of the existence of a genuine coupé / cabriolet lightstone beige armrest with beige leather cover? :unsure:
All the armrests I've seen on the web so far look grey-ish with black leather cover... :confused:
That doesn't fit our beige interiors. :cautious:
Are clear armrests a legend, a fancy or a holy grail? o_O
Thanks buddies. ;):p

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,679 Posts
Genuine Rover 200/400, Coupe/Cabriolet, Tourer lightstone beige armrest with beige leather cover do exist, but they are rare, and it takes a long time for one to appear for sale.

I do not know what armrest you maneged to see on the web, but in case of Rover 200/400, Coupe/Cabriolet, Tourer they are mostly black with grey cover (leather or fabric).

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
I do not know what armrest you managed to see on the web, but in case of Rover 200/400, Coupe/Cabriolet, Tourer they are mostly black with grey cover (leather or fabric).
I quite agree. The same kind of armrest I'd bought for my 25, grey body with grey / black leather well matching the interior shade. (y)
Unfortunately it's not the same game for the cabby: even the leather can eventually be painted (hard to swap grey or black to beige, but it may be tempted), it's a no-no for the plastic body: any tiny scratch will let appear the original colour. No way! :sick:
Hence wait & see what might pop up on the web... No hurry but I'll have to jump at the chance at once... :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Do you have pictures of armrest you found? And where from you found it?
I am askjng this before you conduct any work on them.
I've found a decent armrest thanks to a guy who is breaking his saloon on the MG Rover FB group. The whole cream leather interior had been fitted (I don't know if it's my bloke or a precedent owner) in his 200 saloon.
The leather kit was coming from a 216 cab I was told. The weird detail is that matching light stone leather top while the box itself is black.... :unsure:
The thing is that the corresponding part but lower one without armrest in my cabby is obviously cream, like the rest.
Hence I've to paint the box with the right colour (easy to get with the special 'detector gun') to match the front part.
I bet you've got a wise advice to share about the type of paint & technique! ;)
Here is the armrest in the car to be dismantled:

And my own:

Do note that even the shade may look slightly different, I assume that it's due to the camera / phone & exposure.

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,679 Posts
I have something even better, not advice, but proposal. I will send you e-mail latter afternoon/evening when I come home as I need access to my pictures.
Shades can vary, even pictures of your own interior plastic trim fooled me on several occasions.

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
As I'm lucky enough to have my own roundabout in front of the house, given the present lockdown in France, I think I'll be able to try some times in both ways - despite the fact it will be far much shorter than on the Nurburgring! - which will be good to help my cabby working! But I don't expect much more than 15km/h (10 mls approx.)! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Chris T

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
What's better than a slight improvement on the cabby - at last from my own point of view ;) - along those idle murky days eh?
I've just been lucky enough to get in touch with a kind mate who was keen to sell the item I was looking for...
Not that easy to find out the front ones because of the special low wing lip design of the R8.

And here are the rear ones:

More common type for the latter, but I hadn't seen any of the former shape anywhere on the web.
Pictures are courtesy of the seller.
The parcel is due to be gathered tomorrow. I hope the French carrier will be as efficient as his British counterpart. Because of that bl..dy C...-19, French postmen will only be in service three days a week from Wednesday to Friday.
However I was given a tracking number. Let's see what happens... :cool:

161 - 180 of 247 Posts