MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
cityrover
2,835 Posts
i discovered that the mot station had broken my underside tray so they probably went easy on me through feeling guilty.Can't really say anything as it has been lowered.
well 100,000 miles of road use, 12 Mot's & also all the times our TC has been on the ramps for service/repaires,

& never has the undertray been touched once...... so they did well!!

NB good job you ain't got a Lambo, that would have cost them lol....

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah i think it doesn't help that it's been lowered & their ramps at least 40 years old.Oh well,it's the only model with the tray so can't see that it can be that important :S

·
Registered
cityrover
2,835 Posts
Yeah i think it doesn't help that it's been lowered & their ramps at least 40 years old.Oh well,it's the only model with the tray so can't see that it can be that important :S
yeh lowering, can look mean, but as you say the garages nightmare....

NB the tray is not really a problem,

only time I notice it is when doing oil changes, as usually you have to wipe it off, as it catches some of the used oil going south,

thing is being a cleaner for a living, I have an OCD in this area & I always like a clean engine bay lol....

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I think i'll probably put OE Springs on it when i can Cat20.Although it has been done properly & i have no problems with speedbumps,i'm just getting too old for a harsh ride(Ooo Mrs)
What do you use to keep your engine bay sparkling?

·
Registered
cityrover
2,835 Posts
I think i'll probably put OE Springs on it when i can Cat20.Although it has been done properly & i have no problems with speedbumps,i'm just getting too old for a harsh ride(Ooo Mrs)
What do you use to keep your engine bay sparkling?
just a yearly wash off with a suitable cleaner (if there is a heavy build up of grease, oil & road dirt etc...), then I find from time to time, a light coat of `Duck oil' can make for a shinny look, also it can help to protect some parts from water/condensation etc.... (obviously be carful where & on what parts you put it, like belts & some of the electrical leads etc, I find it is also best to put it on when the engine is warm & then it burns of straight away on they areas that it is not wanted),

NB- its good though when mechanics say they like working on your car cause they are clean lol, especially under the bonnet I find...

21 - 27 of 27 Posts