MG-Rover.org Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
If anyone's interested I'll post up my drawings for the GT2056S adaptor plate and downpipe flange when I get them back?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
My downpipe flange looks exactly the same as that but I'll have a divider so that the exhaust gas has to go straight into the exhaust rather than being able to fill the space where the internal wastegate is.

·
Registered
cityrover
478 Posts
I will use the internal wg :) sadly the turbo is not mine. It is a friends which I'm going to fit into a 220 sdi. Need two more gt2056's to get it into a other friends mg zs and finally into mine 45 :) still much work to do :)

·
Registered
951 Posts
This looks great, did you get any spares made?

Sure you could sell them, plenty of people seem to be following the 2056 route.

·
Registered
cityrover
478 Posts
We made only 3 sets for each person and a few EGR blanking plates :D

The turbo do exhaust plates need some drilling to sinkhole one bolt and made two M8 threads into it. I'm also goign to drill through the plate into the exhaust diameter and weld a fitting on for the EMP gauge :)
Though of also getting next to the EMP fitting the EGT sensor tapped in but I rather think to let it be in the EGR blanking :)

As I stated on FB you got the dxf. file above and get it only into a place where they laser cut things and get some made. The shipping cost to the UK are 4x the cost of the plates lol :D

For one complete set of plates (5mm and 2x 10mm) + a EGR blanking (5mm) for each of us it cost around ~10€

·
Registered
951 Posts
That sounds like a bargain! I paid more than that just for the steel to make my plates then spent hours with saws, files and a pillar drill to make them into the flanges. Your way is much better :)

·
Registered
cityrover
478 Posts
I paid the first time also more for the steel plates and then the whole work to drill them out cost also time and work.

As I know the laser cut factory has better steel prices because the use it every day and also sell the scrap pieces in better conditions that's why it is cheaper.

Also never thought that it would be that cheap but it is another examples to let it done where they do it on a massive scale than by yourself :) the effect is better quality, less time consuming and costs still less.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
That's an ace price for the flanges, I really hope this turbo produces the goods on the dyno - it seems to tick all the right boxes so far in terms of spool rpm etc.

It'd be a nice final piece for my 220GTD :)

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
due to the order having a lot of parts being sent out to a subcontractors for bending... not getting the parts delivered for 20 days :'(

Once in my hands, I just need to check how far off the downpipe angle will be. I'm under no impression they'll be perfect - I'll be a couple of degrees off, so I'll just tweak as necessary, and get about 20 sets ordered :)

As mentioned before - they'll only be available through DMGRS, as he has the systems in place to take orders better than I (and don't worry - if he delays in postage, he'll get a swift kick in the nuts!)

Any updates will be posted on here :)

·
Registered
mg_zs
95 Posts
small tweek via a sledge hammer+ steel plate + lots of swear words= perfect fit, but my name down for one of the sets

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
plates have been cut - but they're at my business partners', which is quite a trek from mine....

and I've got a 2 week old boy sat in my arms, who refuses to be put down, which complicates matters :lol:

41 - 60 of 72 Posts