MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have recently decided to put my hard top on the TF, mainly cos I a wimp and to make some space in the garage.
It's a genuine later type hard top alIedgedly from an LE. With the hood up there were no water leaks into the car and there was only occaisionally minimal condensation/misting up of the windscreen.

I'm now suffering a lot of condensation with a lot of water droplets on both front and rear screens as well as the side windows misted up, which is a lot more than I was expecting with the hard top fitted, there appear to be no leaks around the seals and the carpets etc are dry.

It seems a lot worse on colder nights/mornings.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions

·
Super Moderator
10,995 Posts
Hi all,

I have recently decided to put my hard top on the TF, mainly cos I a wimp and to make some space in the garage.
It's a genuine later type hard top alIedgedly from an LE. With the hood up there were no water leaks into the car and there was only occaisionally minimal condensation/misting up of the windscreen.

I'm now suffering a lot of condensation with a lot of water droplets on both front and rear screens as well as the side windows misted up, which is a lot more than I was expecting with the hard top fitted, there appear to be no leaks around the seals and the carpets etc are dry.

It seems a lot worse on colder nights/mornings.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions
Mine is the same, significantly more condensation with the hard top fitted.

·
Registered
mg_tf
55 Posts
Clear sign of moisture inside the vehicle. Have a good check around the inside, especially under the carpets on the passenger side. The airbox is prone to leak and lets water into the passenger footwell. Pull the carpet back and feel underneath.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I got the same.
Early this year I removed all the water from the cabin, also changing the whole carpets.
Fixing the passenger water leak, along fitting the new snorkel type, sealed in place.

Not sure where all the mist is coming from.
I have no visible leak and the cabin feel dry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts