MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks

can anyone suggest a supplier for headlining material in Australia, or UK for that matter?
sandstone beige colour for Rover 75 2005?

cheers

found a close match at Auto Upholsterer opposite Harbour Town, Gold Coast. did a nice fitting job as well.

·
Registered
rover_75
2,962 Posts
Was looking for similar material myself.
There are a number of suppliers of auto trim in the uk who do Jags etc and carry very similar stuff. I believe it is a foam backed nylon material your after.

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
woolies auto trim do suitable stuff I believe. There is likely to be a supplier in aus though as most modern cars use the same type of stuff.

·
Registered
rover_75
2,962 Posts
Im thinking of removing the door card insert with the brushed nylon and re doing them.Looks like may have to drill out the melted connection points to release the panel.
Like many of our cars now,the glues and foam are starting to give up and rot.
I was trying to find out who the company was that supplied the nylon material to MGR. Its a strange one, its a foam backed nylon material but also seems to have a thin layer of wadding as well.
I would use the original stuff and just put a new foam backing on it but it would be alot easier to get some new stuff.

·
Registered
rover_75
2,962 Posts
found a company in Sydney call Home upholsterer, great company to deal with ,ship online, the material is call brushed nylon foam backed headliner.
Matches almost perfectly to any Sandstone beige interiors,stretches great as well.Great for roof headliner,door cards etc.
Its colour is listed as beige.

·
Registered
rover_75
2,962 Posts
An update to anyone doing headliners,The home upholsterer sells a high temp glue (Bond it) which is great as it goes to about 100c as opposed to most high temp glues going to about 70c which is not good enough for headlinings.
Used the Bond it glue in aerosol spray cans and can report had the headlining through a full summer here in Perth and is as good as the day I did it

·
Registered
rover_75
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found a really close match at Auto Upholsterer opposite Harbour Town, Gold Coast. 18mths on and all good, did a neat fitting job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts