MG-Rover.org Forums banner

161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thanks for making my Sundays Jason. I cant get enough of BTCC now MG are back in it and that MG6 is the best looking and best performing car on the track. Give them whats for and dont let them Honda's bully you off the track :).

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Well the MG looks fantastic out there, you need a bigger stick to beat off those pesky civics. Good luck at Thruxton no doubt it will be a good race!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Nice to see you here Jason, the new MG looks awesome on the track, and keep those Honda's in your rear view mirror :)

It is so exciting that MG are back on the track, and that they have you as one of there drivers, looking foward to Thruxton and keep up the good work, over the moon MG are making a comeback this year :)

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Welcome indeed Jason!
What a surprise!
Watched my first BTCC on itv4 last night, yep all three races.. And I nearly wet myself severel times!

Is a bit of a mad house here.. All but a handful are very friendly and welcome.. The handful will be eager to criticise everything and everything.. But you'll have spotted those already..

Mackdroitwich! 3rd top MG6 forum.. God help MG!

·
Registered
mg_zr
46 Posts
Hi Jason! Just wanted to show my support here! I have always watched the btcc and thoroughly enjoy watching you on the track...... Your my favourite driver and I felt for you last year with the frustration of not having a turbo car..... All the best for the rest of the season I will be following as always! :) Liam

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi JP, I was at Croft a few weeks ago and managed to get some great shots of you & Andy before and after the races. Loving the MG6 and looking forward to getting to Silverstone.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
About time for an update Jason as you've not been on since 06-03-12:s2h:
Come on fella know your busy and all that lol
You do get the feeling this thread is dead now.

·
Registered
mg_zs
427 Posts
not being funny, but do you really think Jason Plato wants to spend his spare time on a forum for cars he probably wouldn't even look twice at?

The recent comments he made after a failure about it not being an MG issue was clearly words fed from MG marketing.
After all, there's naff all MG parts on the car, its all toca!

Plato is a racing driver, the link to MG was business, I doubt he thinks the MG6 is a great road car - lets not kid ourselves he teamed with MG because he thinks the 6 is good, it was/is a business partnership.

MG have been such skinflints they haven't even stumped up the cash for a decent btcc show/press car.

It was Plato who bought over 3million of sponsorship to the table, MG a token half mill or so over three years.

I don't want to burst any-ones bubble, but some do need to face reality and appreciate where his passion really is and let him get on with the job of being a race driver.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Agree with what you say.

However it was Jason who joined and posted and promised to answer some questions, and also to update how things were going, he is also a poster on PH's as per the custard test thread.

So people expecting a response even just once every now and then is not that much to ask for his fans.

JP is a top driver without a doubt, either way I will still support MG and JP, but even just a quick visit here and there would be nice.

We all know he is a busy guy and appreciate that, but to say you are going to do something and then not do it wil no doubt lose some support.

Simon

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Agree with what you say.

However it was Jason who joined and posted and promised to answer some questions, and also to update how things were going, he is also a poster on PH's as per the custard test thread.

So people expecting a response even just once every now and then is not that much to ask for his fans.

JP is a top driver without a doubt, either way I will still support MG and JP, but even just a quick visit here and there would be nice.

We all know he is a busy guy and appreciate that, but to say you are going to do something and then not do it wil no doubt lose some support.

Simon
Sadly I think Jason was a bit too enthusiastic and posted before he thought about it. Apparently they can't favour any one particular site because it would annoy the others, so he posts on none now.

Quite which others would be annoyed I don't know, but there you go. The team's PR person did make a comment regarding the quality of the questions asked by some as well - but to be honest, its an Internet forum, I don't really know what they expected.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Sadly I think Jason was a bit too enthusiastic and posted before he thought about it. Apparently they can't favour any one particular site because it would annoy the others, so he posts on none now.

Quite which others would be annoyed I don't know, but there you go. The team's PR person did make a comment regarding the quality of the questions asked by some as well - but to be honest, its an Internet forum, I don't really know what they expected.
Well that explains things a bit better I guess, although at the end of the day he is a person the same as any of us and can do what he wishes to a point. Just a shame really, but I guess we will never know whether he is prepared to sign any boobs or even moobs :rofl:

Simon

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Well that explains things a bit better I guess, although at the end of the day he is a person the same as any of us and can do what he wishes to a point. Just a shame really, but I guess we will never know whether he is prepared to sign any boobs or even moobs :rofl:

Simon
To be fair, he is insanely busy as well, so I doubt he gets the time to browse any Internet forums...

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,895 Posts
There is another more likely possibility. I'd be surprised if JP actually started the ball rolling with the setting up of threads like the one here.

Someone in the organisation thought it a good idea to put up some threads on various car enthusiasts' sites. Jason Plato or someone composes a thread and someone is delegated to spread the word on his behalf.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
What........ this man keeps pit lanes open while he signs autographs,comes out between races to sit and chat to everyone on the MG stand,if he hasn't replied here its because at the moment he cant,but you know he will have it in the back of his mind too make sure at some point he follows up on this thread and all the others.

Jason a true peoples person as well a great race driver.......

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
About time for an update Jason as you've not been on since 06-03-12:s2h:
Come on fella know your busy and all that lol
You do get the feeling this thread is dead now.
More than likely a PR exercise to get interest in MG racing, now it's up and running they can't be bothered. 3+ months and no reply speaks for itself to be honest.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
More than likely a PR exercise to get interest in MG racing, now it's up and running they can't be bothered. 3+ months and no reply speaks for itself to be honest.
Very probably true tbh, but to me doing that and then nothing does more harm than the odd post here and there for the support for MG/888 and Plate etc IMHO. Even if it was just a PR person speaking for JP it would be better than nothing.

Simon

·
Registered
mg_zs
427 Posts
Plato does not need to come on here for PR, he has a 3 year racing deal with momentum using the MG.

WHY WOULD HE?

can anyone answer this?

there's so much moaning going on and yet little logic as to why he should.

for what purpose would he spend his time here?

161 - 180 of 202 Posts