MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zt_t
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up another TF after a long while away, are there many/ any F TF members from way back when I was on here a lot?
Any members in the preston ish area.

Going to collect new project this week pics to follow.

P.s. if your local to preston and have any bits for sail pls msg me,
Ta
Paul B

·
Registered
mg_zt_t
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ta, roverlike
where is everyone? looks like a lot of posts/threads on here are v old.
did everyone migrate to another forum/ site?
I seem 2 remember a mini spat at the time and a number of members leaving for a site called MG ex#%£'s ??
is that where TF'ers hangout now?
😂Hello again, if there's anyone here :ROFLMAO:

·
Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
12,866 Posts
Ta, roverlike
where is everyone? looks like a lot of posts/threads on here are v old.
did everyone migrate to another forum/ site?
I seem 2 remember a mini spat at the time and a number of members leaving for a site called MG ex#%£'s ??
is that where TF'ers hangout now?
😂Hello again, if there's anyone here :ROFLMAO:
I would say part of members went social media route aka Facebook, but mostly people are loosing interest in these cars, at least it looks that way to me. Most forums loosing number of daily posts. Only Facebook is still holding daily interest ...

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,404 Posts
Welcome back Masterbateson - I recall seeing your name regularly when you were active (well, with nearly four and a half thousand posts, it would be a fairly frequent sight :) ).

Even in the heyday of the F and TF, there were only a relatively small proportion of owners who would be around on web forums, so as the numbers of the cars on the road has dropped, the number of owners on such places has dropped too. I am not sure that there has been any wholesale move to other media, it's just that there are fewer owners, and people in general don't seem to be as sociable or communicative as they used to be. For the F and TF there is the-T-bar.com, the MGOC forum, and the MGCC (mgfregister.org), but those forums don't seem much different from mg-rover.org for activity.

I am not signed up to facebook, but from what I have seen of one or two public MG related groups on there, they seem to be only slightly more active, and seem to be stuffed full of people giving out wrong information and bad advice to those with problems (which rarely gets put right due to the 90s style messageboard format where everything drops out of sight down the page). As there is effectively no way to search, the same questions get repeatedly asked by different people, and usually recieve the same wrong answers. When you add to that the tracking, data harvesting and redistribution, privacy intrusion and resulting potential future privacy/security repercussions for those signed up (and therefore having pretty much signed their life away), it is difficult to see the likes of facebook as having any merit whatsoever.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zt_t
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice to see a few old faces, ian mc, roverlike,barking dog, think 1 of the mods is an oldie too.
wonder if black octagon, diesel destroyer, cjj are still about somewhere?
BTW if anyone has any spare parts I might be interested in please drop] me a msg. dont know what this 1s going to need till sat, but i will be going a bit silly with it,
Wish i had all the stuff i put on the last one

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
CJJ does drop by very occasionally, but BO and DD are long gone. In fact I still have a pair of BO’s ‘test’ spheres in the garage, but the ones on the car are still going strong.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
CJJ is on a few FB groups, DD moved to America and if I'm correct sold all the bits off his project F

1 - 14 of 14 Posts