MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Bought my car in 2007, lived abroad for a while but been back a few years and MG is back on the road. However someone smashed into it and it now needs respray but I have no idea what colour it is! I bought it as it is but it was silver originally. I've checked online but I'm not too sure so was hoping that someone out there can advise. I've attached pics. Thanks in anticipation.

Attachments

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,215 Posts
I bought it as it is but it was silver originally.
I take it that you mean it has the three letter code MBB for Starlight Silver stamped on the VIN plate under the bonnet?

This seems to be quite common on MG TFs that were factory painted in one of a range of special order colours, and from the photos you have posted, I think that yours probably is one of those ordered under the Monogram ordering scheme. I think the colour may turn out to be Poseidon, paint code IAW (which I think Ian suggested when you first joined the forum in 2007 ;)) but I should warn you that being a 'flip' colour, the paint will be significantly more expensive than standard pearlescent and metallic colours, and that if it is going through an insurance claim you will probably have your work cut out stopping the insurance company writing it off :(

·
Registered
mg_tf
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the replies. It's been so long, I genuinely forgot asking the same question 11 years ago! I'm not going through insurance as I know they would write it off. I think it probably is poisedon- wish me luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts