MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently bought a rear bumper for my 2003 TF because mine is cracked and looks terrible. But when the replacement arrived I noticed it has 3 holes along the middle top section, which mine doesn't. I thought they were for parking sensors but I can't find any stock parts to cover up the holes.
Does anyone know what they're for or how I can cover them up ?
Cheers

·
Registered
rover_75
266 Posts
Hi,
I recently bought a rear bumper for my 2003 TF because mine is cracked and looks terrible. But when the replacement arrived I noticed it has 3 holes along the middle top section, which mine doesn't. I thought they were for parking sensors but I can't find any stock parts to cover up the holes.
Does anyone know what they're for or how I can cover them up ?
Cheers
View attachment 133875
They look like the holes for MG Rover Parking sensors, the bottom two are for the number plate screw grommets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Personally I would buy a cheap reverse sensor kit of ebay as you can get a set for only around £10 and I'd fit them in, not a hard job to do when the holes are already in the bumper and your bumper is off plus it will help you in not reversing into things :)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I bought one of those from RIMMERs, same holes, it was dirt cheap, £60 if i remember, let us know if you find any parking sensors that fit and that can be colour coded.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought one of those from RIMMERs, same holes, it was dirt cheap, £60 if i remember, let us know if you find any parking sensors that fit and that can be colour coded.
Yeah mine was from Rimmer's as well. I haven't found any parking sensors to fit but there are aftermarket versions. I'm plugging mine with a rubber grommet in the same colour as the paint - since I have some touch up trophy blue and gloss

1 - 6 of 6 Posts