MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Hood sealing strip

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  batoutofhull 
#1 ·
The zip on the TF's hood has failed. A local trimmer explained how to remove the rear window panel and the zip flap which is attached to the hood itself. I have now done this and the removed bits are away to have a new zip fitted. However the foam sealing around the back edge of the hood has totally degraded and was in a real mess. I have removed this and cleaned everything up but now need some new strip. Can anyone advise where I can buy some from? Also is there a piece attached to the body and also the hood frame? I have had to remove the velour covering from the rear, top rail and the glue was so strong that it is now in pieces. I can recover this with any suitable material but would like to use something similar to the original. Any suggestions? The original pop rivets are black. I have a box full of them but they are all aluminium colour. Are blacked ones available?

Cheers

Jan T

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.