MG-Rover.org Forums banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
when fiiting the t piece, do u just cut that pipe coming out from under the map sensor? any idea where i could get the tubing through a zs firewall?
i took th epipe off the map sensor put the t in and added a pipe of pipe.

if you undo the water tank top left there a place where the wires go through i went through there.

·
Registered
rover_25
1,681 Posts
thats cool, I was thinking something along those lines. Not too hot with the wiring/routing of things dude, fancy giving me a hand with it lol?
Not a problem mate. I don't mind wiring. I find that easier than some of the more complicated things. So give me a call when your free. Also, I noted on another thread about stereo/dvd. I can probably help with that too.

Dave

·
what a guy
6,972 Posts
should probs me more brave, but does the black pipe under the maf sensor just pull out so i can put the t-piece in?
Not sure, I don't think so, but don't quote me. I just cut mine and put a T piece in that way.

My pipe was bloody stiff though, had to use a good combination of screwdriver, pliars and lighter to get it to go onto the T piece. Its on now though :D

·
what a guy
6,972 Posts
oh and I never actually did a thankyou for Dave for writing this when I eventually got round to fitting mine.

Nice one dude, it was a big help :broon:

·
Registered
468 Posts
hmm ill go cut it then.

just wondering, when i do it, i was only fitting it temp coz i don't want it all the time, just while im putting SDI injectors etc in, if i disconnect and leave one bit of the t-piece leading to nothing would that be ok?

·
what a guy
6,972 Posts
hmm ill go cut it then.

just wondering, when i do it, i was only fitting it temp coz i don't want it all the time, just while im putting SDI injectors etc in, if i disconnect and leave one bit of the t-piece leading to nothing would that be ok?
I wouldn't have thought so, as all the air would just escape out the hole!

Hmm, best to wait for someone who knows their stuff a bit better than me I think lol

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
Id tap into either the hose going to the turbo wastegate actuator or the boost hose that goes into the side of the ufo capsule on the top of the pump.

The only problem with the second idea is the hose is pretty stiff so getting the t peice in might be tricky.

·
Registered
mg_zr
46 Posts
That a great bit of info just when I needed it.

But does anyone know how to fit a incar boost controller i can't seem to make any sense of it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
fitted my boost gauge...it works, with peak boost at 14psi (standard). I did it by putting it in the MAP sensor..however i now have the EML light on but before it came on, when i was driving home (rather enthusistically) the car gelt like it "hit a brick wall" and then i saw this post:

""Car hits a brick wall when accelerating hard, especially in 3rd/4th/5th - boost cut activated. Either faulty MAP sensor reporting boost too high (most likely if if untuned), or boost set too high (more likely if tuned) = lower boost by adjusting turbo wastegate actuator. ""

Quoted from thew common faults section. mine is a 51 plate ZR and i followed the guide to a T but dunno why this has happened!!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Could you try plumbing the gauge into the wastegate pipe instead and see if that helps?

It seems that the MAP sensor is seeing high pressure than before due to plumbing the gauge into the pipe to it.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
sorry to drag up an old thread but i just want to be sure im doing this right before i start hacking into pipes.

it looks like daves map sensor is in a different locale to the one on my 220sdi. can anyone confirm from the pics below if the pipe with the ripped sticker on is the pipe to cut into and place the t-piece into. many thanks, si.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
No, that's your vacuum supply ;)

The pipe with the green writing on the right hand side is the one you want :)
and this ladies and gentleman is why you geta second opinion before brandishing a junior hacksaw to various pipes in ones engine bay!

as always the mad scientist comes up trumps. many thanks dakta. and the bright green pipe thingy below is where i feed the air pipe through the bulkhead?

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
I think that's the most convenient location on the 200's/25's/zr's...that's where I went through for my 200SD, someone might know of a more convenient place though!

I too am glad you didn't cut your brakes vacuum supply, might have made an interesting trip :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
i found a rubber bung and just popped it through with a knife first. the hardest part was finding it in the footwell. got there in the end tho!

61 - 80 of 109 Posts