MG-Rover.org Forums banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Finally got round to 90% fitting my boost gauge (still have to feed the pipe through to the engine) For all the wiring i jus wired it up2 my cd player. works perfectly. thanks for all the info on this thread, was a big help....

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Looks great, almost as if MGR knew to make the vents the right size for a gauge!!!

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
I see you are in Holbeach, check out the east anglia section for regular monthly meets :broon:

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
mg_zr
41 Posts
If anyone isn't sure what to use to mount the gauge:
Not sure if this will help but I thought I'd try using my pillar gauge holder from my golf, with a bit of trimming it wasn't too bad a fit. It costs about £32 from eBay if I remember rightly.

·
Registered
260 Posts
On my zs td i fed my boost hose through the heater cable grommit next to the clutch pedal. I now have a 45 td and i dont have this grommit. I think thats due to the 45 having air con.

After looking around on the internet a lot of people seem to get lost when fitting boost gauges. Like the isue i had, they cant find a way through the bulkhead due to no heater grommit so here's my 2p's worth-

Unscrew the 2 bolts holding the expansion tank in place. Move this to one side and put a hole through the large black rubber grommit.
Put a slim solid object through the boost hose as can be seen below.
I used a phillips drill bit-

Then feed the drill bit through the grommit and it will pop out just behind and above the fuse box like so-

Job done :) Bolt the expansion tank in and fit the gauge.
This is how mine now looks-

Cheers, Dave

101 - 109 of 109 Posts