MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 MGF Mpi
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heated rear window hasn't worked in my wife's F since I installed it, even though the switch, relay and wires were previously installed. So today I started investigating the issue. I've checked and confirmed that the relay is good. I next checked the switch to see if there is continuity when the switch is pressed but I have discovered that there something is wrong inside the switch (dirty contacts maybe) and there is a problem with the spare switch I have, no continuity between between pin 1 and 4 when the switch is pressed.

I would like to get the switch apart to check the contacts but I'm having no luck getting it apart, I may not have enough hands. Has anyone taken a switch apart? Any suggestion how to separate the pieces of the switch?

·
Registered
742 Posts
The heated rear window hasn't worked in my wife's F since I installed it, even though the switch, relay and wires were previously installed. So today I started investigating the issue. I've checked and confirmed that the relay is good. I next checked the switch to see if there is continuity when the switch is pressed but I have discovered that there something is wrong inside the switch (dirty contacts maybe) and there is a problem with the spare switch I have, no continuity between between pin 1 and 4 when the switch is pressed.

I would like to get the switch apart to check the contacts but I'm having no luck getting it apart, I may not have enough hands. Has anyone taken a switch apart? Any suggestion how to separate the pieces of the switch?
I have taken all of my switches apart to replace the orange LED's with red ones. Can't remember exactly how I opened them up now, but I think they just pop apart with a small screwdriver.
Sundance

·
Registered
1995 MGF Mpi
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should have said in my original post that I did try a screwdriver on either side and had it spread over the clips but it didn't seem to want to budge. I'll give it another try, thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts