MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

In August just gone we had an MG meet down in Dungarvan Co. Waterford (Click here for the thread). Hobby from the forum organised it and it was a great weekend.

For 2013 we were thinking of having a similar camping weekend in a more central county, perhaps Wicklow, so that it would suit people from all over the country. Only about 40 minutes from Dublin so not a bad distance at all.

Just a quick thread to see how many of you guys would be interested in attending a camping weekend this coming July or August. All MG-Rovers welcome of course :)

Ryan

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wahey, good man! :D

and over 100 views and only the one reply? c'mon guys, great chance to have a fun weekend and talk MG with like minded folk :)

·
Registered
mgf
839 Posts
Well I'm up for it but must be careful not to clash with MGLive 15th. & 16th. June '13. I think a date in July could be good Ryan. We had a good week-end in Dungarvan to Tramore last year and it was poor weather but we did it. So wicklow it is lets get organising the Camp Site and the route of the run.:D

·
Registered
482 Posts
The 75/zt owners will be having their annual owners day Sunday the 1st of September 2013, its been a huge success every year in Tullymore @ Newcastle.

Theres loads of room, and it wouldnt be an issue, also the Classic Rover Club often bring their cars.

This was about half the cars that turned up on the day!

It would be great to have everyone there on that day, as it will not only be our 3rd year there but it would be a great day out for family also.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Colin, I've actually been meaning to head up to that annual owners day for the last couple of years but for one reason or the other haven't been able to get up. Hopefully this year I will!

To be honest I think a seperate date and venue for a camping weekend like this might work out slightly better rather than combining the two. Would be nice if some of your lot could attend this one and vice versa :)

Well I'm up for it but must be careful not to clash with MGLive 15th. & 16th. June '13. I think a date in July could be good Ryan. We had a good week-end in Dungarvan to Tramore last year and it was poor weather but we did it. So wicklow it is lets get organising the Camp Site and the route of the run.:D

Are you heading over to MG Live Brendan?

Was thinking July myself. Just to throw a date out there... what does everyone think of the weekend of the 20th/21st?

The wicklow mountains should make for a good run!

·
Registered
mgf
839 Posts
Colin, I've actually been meaning to head up to that annual owners day for the last couple of years but for one reason or the other haven't been able to get up. Hopefully this year I will!

To be honest I think a seperate date and venue for a camping weekend like this might work out slightly better rather than combining the two. Would be nice if some of your lot could attend this one and vice versa :)

Are you heading over to MG Live Brendan?

Was thinking July myself. Just to throw a date out there... what does everyone think of the weekend of the 20th/21st?

The wicklow mountains should make for a good run!
I hope to make it over as the MGFest is'nt running anymore must get the crank gearbox assembly done and a few small things as well. The 20 & 21 st. July sounds good for Wicklow. How far would the drive up for Colin's owners weekend be in Tullymore and Newcastle, its a long time away as well on Sept 1st.:dddc:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice one guys, I think we'll roll with the 20th & 21st of July so. I've just e-mailed the camping place I was looking at and will post back when they come back with some prices - hopefully with a discount :)

I hope to make it over as the MGFest is'nt running anymore must get the crank gearbox assembly done and a few small things as well. The 20 & 21 st. July sounds good for Wicklow. How far would the drive up for Colin's owners weekend be in Tullymore and Newcastle, its a long time away as well on Sept 1st.:dddc:
MG Live should be good fun!

It's about 2 & 1/2 hours to Tullymore for me so probably closer to 4 for you.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've just had an e-mail back from Jim @ Roundwood Caravan & Camping Park and they should have no problems accommodating us but we won't be able to get a discount on their prices (which are already pretty reasonable to be honest!)

All the information and pricing is listed on their website here:

www.dublinwicklowcamping.com

They're located right at the foot of the Wicklow mountains so it should make for a good run on the Sunday. I think we have enough interest so I'll throw up a proper thread in the next few days and we can take it from there then.

·
Registered
mgf
839 Posts
Well done Ryan I'll make up the flyer for down here to try and get as many as we can to go. What about posting on the main F & TF Section hopefully we might get a few to come over. We did'nt suceed last year but we could keep trying if we're going to make this an annual event, never know maybe Mondello next year for a track day in our calendar.:idea:

·
Registered
482 Posts
I can make arrangements for people to come down, I think maybe a single day for visiting from North as a group might be an idea!

Make it a massive meet as such and then everyone also can have their weekends, I think we will get more people traveling from North for a single day rather than a short weekend.

I cant even get the wife to go caravanning lol

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I can make arrangements for people to come down, I think maybe a single day for visiting from North as a group might be an idea!

Make it a massive meet as such and then everyone also can have their weekends, I think we will get more people traveling from North for a single day rather than a short weekend.

I cant even get the wife to go caravanning lol

I have the same problem

Well up for the day out though. Keen for other days out over the summer too. Is there anything organised I should know about?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts