MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The very old computer I had my iPod connected to died and has since been replaced with a new notebook type PC.

I've not had my iPod connected to any PC for at least a year and am now getting a little tired of the music stored on it and of course want to add more.

Does anyone know of an easy way I can transfer my iPod information to the new PC without having to reload all my music via the PC again ?

·
Super Moderator
11,001 Posts
Can't you back the pod up to the new iTunes on the new PC? iTunes imo is a bloody nightmare. It's the only thing wrong with the whole concept.

·
Registered
27,730 Posts
I vaguely remember years ago 2004ish you were able to transfer music from an ipod to itunes, but that doesn't appear as an option now, i haven't come across it anyway.
What I would do is remove the hdd out of the old computer hook it up to an USB IDE or SATA device connect to new Computer and find the itunes folder and copy the music to new computer. :minxy:

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wish I could hook up the old drive, but it was the drive that went down with sector errors. And of course I had no back-up.

One thing that taught me was to always have a reasonably up to date back-up which I now carry out using a portable USB hard drive.

I think I might just bite the bullet, wipe the ipod and start a fresh.

But thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Get a programme call Touchcopy, will allow you to strip off the Ipod then reload it after youve wiped it with a new Itunes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts