MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
And another thing I don't understand. I had the wings advertised over on the BRM forum ages ago and nothing was said to me. Now the entire for sale section of the BRM forum is removed and has been for a while therefore I've nothing actually advertised for sale as the site no longer has the means to do that but I post a few things over on this forum and eBay, both of which are nothing to do with the BRM forum at all and suddenly I get banned. Like someone says I'm a fully paid up member here so I've the right to sell here so I don't fully understand why I've been banned from another forum for doing what I have the right to do.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm not wanting to start an argument. The serious point I'm trying to make is to try and get the moderators/owners of the BRM forum to realise that not everyone can restore BRM's using brand new parts as many either don't have the budget to allow to buy new or new parts are no longer available. Surely its more feasible in certain cases where these cars are too uneconomical to repair that the parts be offered to owners who can make good use out of them?

Clearly members of the BRM forums don't have the means of buying new as proven by the fact most of my car has gone to BRM owners but where does it all stop. Will the next stage be to ban members who knowingly buy used parts that have came from a BRM whether it be broken unnecessarily or necessarily?

·
Registered
379 Posts
The subject is under discussion on the forum.

You can't see the for sale section because you need a minimum of 10 posts and you made a total of 5 over a 2 year period.

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
I had the wings advertised over on the BRM forum ages ago and nothing was said to me. Now the entire for sale section of the BRM forum is removed and has been for a while therefore I've nothing actually advertised for sale as the site no longer has the means to do that but I post a few things over on this forum and eBay, both of which are nothing to do with the BRM forum at all and suddenly I get banned.
Really? :lol:

I'd love to call you a victim but on the other hand you could still be a member.

Hope there's more to it than that but it does happen, quite frequently in all walks of life that you go about your business and someones got a problem with it and because they've ways or powers to intefere with you, they'll do it. Well they can't do it anymore can they, they've done their worst and you're still here, doing what you're doing with your brm.

Just gotta move forwards :) the for sale section here is still very active, for instance :) I'm not pro scrap but I am pro if you buy something its nobodys place to judge you on what you do with it.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The subject is under discussion on the forum.

You can't see the for sale section because you need a minimum of 10 posts and you made a total of 5 over a 2 year period.
Oh right. I thought it had been done away with completely. When did that come into effect? The reason for my low post count was I had the car stored whilst I tried to raise the money to repair it...my ZT V8 kept eating into it, mostly on petrol lol

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
I'm just saying it sounds like you're better off away from it.

I've been member of a few clubs where people are so, not wanting to be unkind, passionate about the subject that if you do things that people don't feel are quite right, things can get a bit sour even when it's not really their place to air their opinion.

Just life i think. I sympathise but like i said in my first reply, they can do what they want on their forum but so can you everywhere else so i'd just focus on selling the bits and whatnot

·
Registered
379 Posts
Oh right. I thought it had been done away with completely. When did that come into effect? The reason for my low post count was I had the car stored whilst I tried to raise the money to repair it...my ZT V8 kept eating into it, mostly on petrol lol
A few months back. It was announced in the general section. It's was not specific restriction on your account, it was because there were several incidents with 0 post time wasters and complaints by members.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
A few months back. It was announced in the general section. It's was not specific restriction on your account, it was because there were several incidents with 0 post time wasters and complaints by members.
Ok I see, I obviously missed that. I didn't think it was a specific restriction to my account, just assumed it had been done away with completely.

My main reason for trying to get on the forum when I was greeted with the ban notification was I was looking for the PM I'd been sent when I joined on what number my BRM is. The buyer of the wing wanted to know so he could have the forums records updated.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm just saying it sounds like you're better off away from it.

I've been member of a few clubs where people are so, not wanting to be unkind, passionate about the subject that if you do things that people don't feel are quite right, things can get a bit sour even when it's not really their place to air their opinion.

Just life i think. I sympathise but like i said in my first reply, they can do what they want on their forum but so can you everywhere else so i'd just focus on selling the bits and whatnot
At the moment I'd be apt to agree with you, I'm better off away from it. The point I'm making is I didn't just decide to buy a BRM to break it and rub it in enthusiasts faces...it's not something I set out to do. But because I like the cars I may decide to buy another in the future so would the ban remain?

·
Registered
379 Posts
My main reason for trying to get on the forum when I was greeted with the ban notification was I was looking for the PM I'd been sent when I joined on what number my BRM is. The buyer of the wing wanted to know so he could have the forums records updated.
I can't you find your username listed next to any of the cars on build list but it's recently been tidied up and I suspect your cars already marked as scrapped. If you originally sent the registration plate then I could identify it from this. If not I'll need to ask those with the build list details.

·
Registered
60 Posts
BRM`s are worth more in parts its a well known fact these days.
like he says his location is a bit out the way for people to just pop along and go collect it.

if his brm made the ultimate sacrifice to save 2-3 even 4 brms then that's gotta be the golden lining to the situation.

yeah non of us like to see a brm being broken up but its just 1 of them things, these vehicles weren't made of stainless or galvanized steel they will all die someday :-(

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
like he says his location is a bit out the way for people to just pop along and go collect it.

if his brm made the ultimate sacrifice to save 2-3 even 4 brms then that's gotta be the golden lining to the situation.

yeah non of us like to see a brm being broken up but its just 1 of them things, these vehicles weren't made of stainless or galvanized steel they will all die someday :-(
That means a lot coming from a BRM owner and enthusiast yourself. Thank-you.

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Who has the right to tell the OP that he can't break his own car???

Some people have lots of money, and will restore a car whatever the cost.

Most of us in the real world, are not in that fortunate position. We have limited finances, and have to distribute that money efficiently.

I had to break my ZS, due to around £500+ of work needing done to it. To some, they may not be a lot of money, to me, it's a fortune. Thus needing to break the car, as it is worth more in bits than a whole in it's current state.

Best off away from that forum, if they are too stupid to understand that simple scenario.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
774 Posts
Who has the right to tell the OP that he can't break his own car???

Some people have lots of money, and will restore a car whatever the cost.

Most of us in the real world, are not in that fortunate position. We have limited finances, and have to distribute that money efficiently.

I had to break my ZS, due to around £500+ of work needing done to it. To some, they may not be a lot of money, to me, it's a fortune. Thus needing to break the car, as it is worth more in bits than a whole in it's current state.

Best off away from that forum, if they are too stupid to understand that simple scenario.

Cheers
Dave
Dave I don't believe that anyone on the BRM forum told the Op that he couldn't break His car, he can do whatever He likes with His own car just don't do it on the BRM forum.... Simples

and I am a member of the BRM forum but believe I am far from being stupid!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
6,960 Posts
This is what you call a banning type post!!!

So let me get this right. The BRM forum owners are so up their own posteriors you are not allowed to break a car and mention/advertise it on their forum?
Is that right?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I've been on exotic car forums where the cost of the car most of us would spend to a buy a house and they have no issues what so ever with this kind of stuff.
Wouldn't mind but its just a Rover 200/25 with Halfords bits on :lol:

Sorry about that folks, I just find this hilarious that you are banned not for trolling, not for swearing but offering your car as spares for others. Priceless, bloody priceless.
To the OP, I'd keep well away from the that forum ;)
Tell me if you don't own such a vehicle are you still allowed to visit? I could always buy a 200 and add orange bits and aeroplane wings perhaps?

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
19,225 Posts
It's even better because the members of that forum will come here to buy the bits and have to compete against the other rover 200 owners for the bits. That orange grill instead of going to replace a broken brm will probably go to a lad wanting to modify his standard 200. The gearbox will probably end up in a metro instead of keeping another brm on the road.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
6,960 Posts
It's even better because the members of that forum will come here to buy the bits and have to compete against the other rover 200 owners for the bits. That orange grill instead of going to replace a broken brm will probably go to a lad wanting to modify his standard 200. The gearbox will probably end up in a metro instead of keeping another brm on the road.
Crazy :/

·
Registered
774 Posts
So let me get this right. The BRM forum owners are so up their own posteriors you are not allowed to break a car and mention/advertise it on their forum?
Is that right?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I've been on exotic car forums where the cost of the car most of us would spend to a buy a house and they have no issues what so ever with this kind of stuff.
Wouldn't mind but its just a Rover 200/25 with Halfords bits on :lol:

Sorry about that folks, I just find this hilarious that you are banned not for trolling, not for swearing but offering your car as spares for others. Priceless, bloody priceless.
To the OP, I'd keep well away from the that forum ;)
Tell me if you don't own such a vehicle are you still allowed to visit? I could always buy a 200 and add orange bits and aeroplane wings perhaps?

Your the one showing your ignorance, It's not possible to buy ANY of the unique BRM parts from Halfords, especially the Torsen Diff, unique shock absorbers, suspension, leather interior, speaker grills, switches, grill, wheels badges etc, a BRM is certainly not just a 200 with bits thrown on it the suspension set up was engineered by Tony Pond engineering ( Google it if you've never heard of Tony Pond! )

·
Registered
rover_200_brm
20 Posts

Unfortunately this is correct

21 - 40 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.