MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
MGTF 135
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought these https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOVSIGHT-Headlight-Projector-Specific-Conversion/dp/B07PRPCV35/ref=sr_1_10?crid=2DR2I6H8OLKRO&keywords=novsight+h7+led&qid=1579026013&sprefix=novsight+h7,aps,195&sr=8-10&th=1 about a month back because I'm driving more in the evening at the moment and I was sick and tired of not being able to see very well (I know, my age doesn't help either).
Novsight.JPG Expensive, but I'm impressed with the light output. They do come with a largish resistor, (which we don't need), but it does fit into the headlight housing OK. I also bought these Monland 2Pcs Car Light Dust Cover Silicone Cover Led Headlight Cover Hid Lamp Modification Waterproof Cover Car Headlight Sealing Cover: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike. The bulbs come with small circulating fans and with the new black covers they run quite cool - much cooler than the original halogens. I also bought the HB3 for the main beam as well.
Covers.JPG IMG_20200114_185138.jpg IMG_20200114_185200.jpg IMG_20200114_185655.jpg
So if you want to spend loadsa money you could try them. Looking at the pictures, I think my lights need adjusting a bit, the first road pic is dipped, the second main beam on.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I brought Keewors (LED) on a recommendation but I cant remember where it was-bike or car related-it may have been on here somewhere . I have a TF160 and use it a lot all year around-the projector lights are very poor in standard trim and as Im a biker in all weathers, and rode BMWR1200GSA's,(HID DIPS, MAINS AND FOGS) I replaced the TF's dipped beams with 35w HID which I swap back at MOT time. Ive never been flashed with them (unlike the BMW bike...) and ok, when I had a Freelander and I had 4 of them, then yes, It was like the sun coming up when you pulled up in traffic behind a small car, such as an MG.

But the TF is not like that and I see the beam pattern photos you took and I concur that the white light spread is similar. I tried the Keewors, but they were not as 'bright', so swapped back to HID. Same story, the ballast fits in the lamp, but the waterproof caps dont fit due to the heat-sink and fan. Yours seem to have caps to overcome this.

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts
Not wanting to kick anything off here but I personally think people should think that perhaps the issue isn't with the headlights but their own eyesight and it might be worth getting them checked first, I understand the OP did suggest that the issue may be with their own vision but i'm only mentioning this as i'm fed up of being blinded by people 'upgrading' their bulbs to 'brighter' ones because they can't see but end up dazzling everyone else on the road with ill fitting aftermarket bulbs in the wrong type of headlight but so long as they are fitted correctly and the aim is spot on they shouldn't effect anyone else. (y)

I will admit I am very interested in peoples experience with these LED bulbs, they are no use to me with my standard reflectors but in projector units like the TF they should be very suitable.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Not wanting to kick anything off here but I personally think people should think that perhaps the issue isn't with the headlights but their own eyesight and it might be worth getting them checked first, I understand the OP did suggest that the issue may be with their own vision but i'm only mentioning this as i'm fed up of being blinded by people 'upgrading' their bulbs to 'brighter' ones because they can't see but end up dazzling everyone else on the road with ill fitting aftermarket bulbs in the wrong type of headlight but so long as they are fitted correctly and the aim is spot on they shouldn't effect anyone else. (y)

I will admit I am very interested in peoples experience with these LED bulbs, they are no use to me with my standard reflectors but in projector units like the TF they should be very suitable.
Its a fact that some cars headlights are much brighter than others and DO cause other drivers to become disorientate due to the amout of white-light they emit, despite beams being set correctly- One of my other cars is an RRS and that is fitted with HIDs as standard- if I pull up behind an MG or similar- I do fill their car with light and you see them 'go for thier mirror'.

The eyesight thing is a possibility but with us pensioners- we get annual free eye test which I naturally take advantage of having worn glasses for about 20 years now and replacing them every 2 years.

The LEDs in a TF with projector lenses are a vast improvement over the OEM H7 or whatever- but its boardering legality to fit them (EC REG 2012) and having done this, I have to take them out at MOT time and any tester should insist in only the OEM components being fitted IF THE BEAM IS NOT SET CORRECTLY.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I bought these https://www.amazon.co.uk/NOVSIGHT-Headlight-Projector-Specific-Conversion/dp/B07PRPCV35/ref=sr_1_10?crid=2DR2I6H8OLKRO&keywords=novsight+h7+led&qid=1579026013&sprefix=novsight+h7,aps,195&sr=8-10&th=1 about a month back because I'm driving more in the evening at the moment and I was sick and tired of not being able to see very well (I know, my age doesn't help either).
View attachment 134552 Expensive, but I'm impressed with the light output. They do come with a largish resistor, (which we don't need), but it does fit into the headlight housing OK. I also bought these Monland 2Pcs Car Light Dust Cover Silicone Cover Led Headlight Cover Hid Lamp Modification Waterproof Cover Car Headlight Sealing Cover: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike. The bulbs come with small circulating fans and with the new black covers they run quite cool - much cooler than the original halogens. I also bought the HB3 for the main beam as well.
View attachment 134553 View attachment 134554 View attachment 134555 View attachment 134556
So if you want to spend loadsa money you could try them. Looking at the pictures, I think my lights need adjusting a bit, the first road pic is dipped, the second main beam on.
Gonna check when I get back to UK the size then grab some of those covers for my ZS as the C6 bulbs stick out on dipped beam. Thanks for finding them!

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts