MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I left my 2000 rover 400 diesel in with a mechanic on saturday morning to get ready for MOT.

I provided him with 2 ball joints, drop links front and rear, a bottom engine mount and 2 rear arm bushins. He gave the car back to me yesterday evening and said he got everything done bar the rear trailing arm bushins as the bolts were siezed on and he was afraid of damaging them or the chasis by removing them.

Upon checking the work I could see that the only thing he had done was tighten the handbrake and replace the bottom engine mount (obvious things a non mechanic would know had been sorted as the shake had left the car and she was holding alot better on an incline)

After a bit of a row with him he declared I had given him no drop links but then he quickly found them. She is up for the test tomorrow morning at 9.25am and said that if I get her to him tonight at 6pm after work he will work on the car until he has all the parts in. (he claimed he did not expect her to pass so he did not do any of the other work, he would not take money on collection of the car. claiming he wanted to see her passed first)

I find this all very stressful and the only reason I went to the guy was because he is a friend of my girls father. If he does not complete the agreed works this evening I will be naming and shaming as I do not want others to have the hassle I have had with him.

I am willing to give 2nd chances as I am a nice fella but I do feel completely **** on here.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alls well that ends well, it passed MOT with only the drop links fitted and my local motor factors is exchanging the ball joints and rear arm bushes for some oil and filters so I can service the beast.

Oh and I washed the car this weekend... after its MOT :-D (it is just a run about, not too worried about the body as long as it doesn't rust)

·
Registered
rover_800
4 Posts
Good to hear it passed without too much needing done, pity about the bad experience with the mechanic.

If you'd been close enough i'd have put the parts on it no bother for you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts