MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am building a kitcar using a late model MEMS3 MGF (VVC with alloy throttle body) with used 5AS/ECU units. I know my ECU/5AS are not yet aligned but I am told that it should still run for a second or two before cutting out (on an older MEMS at least). However it just turns over without firing (pump runs and servos click etc.) - any suggestions, or does the 'run for a second' bit not apply to this newer MEMS?
I know I should probable just get the bits aligned but I wanted to prove that there was nothing else wrong before taking this last step..

Thanks for any help,
Chris.

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
Dealer only..

Certainly with MEMS 1.9 yes, it would have run for a second or so, but with MEMS3, it may well be different.

The ECU's would need to be programmed in together with a matching VIN number...swapping ECU's is no longer the easy job it used to be

I think you will have to accept defeat and run it along (!!) to your local dealer and see if it can be programmed in, to enable the various systems to all 'talk' to each other and run in harmony!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response Dave - I had a feeling the MEMS3 could be different. I have the VIN info from the donor vehicles so with a bit of luck...

Thanks again,
Chris.

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
It's just that all ECU's ont he vehcile [with MEMS3] and above have to have matching VIN info to work :cus:

Still, its good for security :guns:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts