Drivers #99 Jason Plato & #88 Sam Tordoff

And the 2014 livery for the Tripe 8, Quantel Bifold Racing

Driver #888 Marc Haynes

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

The 31* drivers for this year, including the 'Magnificent 7' champions

( *minus Matt Jackson the second Airwaves Racing driver who was still TBA at the photo call )

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
The new MG livery looks a bit cheap, not as nice as last years anyway.

Still, the colours look alright and as long as theyre winning races I dont care!

·
Registered
11,863 Posts
Think I preferred last years livery better tbh, sure I read something about the front end having a redesign but can't really see much difference without checking an older photo.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sure I read something about the front end having a redesign but can't really see much difference without checking an older photo.
Third Year Lucky for Plato and MG ?

BTCC CRAZY said:
Jason Plato is confident that improvements made to his MG6 will ensure that the team are more competitive than ever in 2014.
Announced yesterday at the season launch that the Triple Eight Engineering outfit will now run under MG KX Clubcard Fuel Save banner, there is an air of confidence surrounding the Banbury-based team and its double champion who finished third last year – taking eight victories.

Mixed conditions greeted the teams and drivers in the only official test session where Plato only completed 14 laps and was a non-representative 8.8 seconds off the top time. Despite not showing his true potential, the all time BTCC race winner is buoyant in the teams chances and their car.

“We’ve done two years of this project now, we’re starting the third and we’re better prepared than we ever have been,” Plato said.

“We’ve got genuine manufactured developments coming through now, which we’ve never had before and in the past we’ve spent time in the off season trying to understand the car, but we have that information now and we also have a good wet set-up too, which had previously been a big Achilles’ heel for us.
He continued by saying: “We were a bit unlucky last year, but the mindset this year is very different. All of that gives us real confidence ahead of this season and as a team we’re a more organised and in the best position we’ve been to challenge for the title.”

Team mate Sam Tordoff ended the test session in fifth place, 0.354 off the fastest time set by reigning champion Andrew Jordan. Triple Eight Engineering counterpart Marc Hynes was the most prominent driver on track, completing a total of 64 laps and finishing the day in 11th.

All three cars have since completed testing at Silverstone to ensure there preparations continue for the coming season which begins on the 29/30th March.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts