89,371​
(2,977)​
BEV
3,162​
1,906​
PHEV
3,119​
(54)​

smart have done so badly you could hold a party for every single person who bought one in October in the local pub!

Otherwise, I note that MG have outsold Mitsubishi for a second month!

MG's product range is beginning to favour alternative drivetrains. I note that monthly sales of BEVs have more than doubled from a tiny start, but that if MG can deliver 200+ ZS EVs a month from this month, then about one in every 15 new BEVs would be an MG! I would also remark that an extra 210 registrations would have been a plus of 25% for MG in October so ZS EV is a very important model for the marque in the UK, not only on the continent.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,886 Posts
Have to hold my hands up, I never for one moment ever thought Chinese owned MG wpuld sell so many cars here in what I still regard as a poisoned UK car consumers market. However, my judgement was clouded because my mind was always set on cars that appeal to me as an individulal. Clearly a mindset that is vastly different to most car consumers out there now who do see SUVs and the stuff MG and other manufacturers are offering as what they want.

Have to also say I am pleased to see so many large MG badges proudly displayed on an increasing number of cars locally and elsewhere. The marque lives on and appears to be thriving as it once did when MGs were made here and highly regarded. Sadly an ever increasingly long time ago now.

Only in the UK... :(

·
Registered
36,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #604 (Edited)
I never for one moment ever thought Chinese owned MG would sell so many cars here...most car consumers out there now ...see SUVs and the stuff MG and other manufacturers are offering as what they want...
Gary Hagen is still around, though on the net rather than telling a reporter from the cockpit of a "delightful new journey" TF that MG could soon be producing four or five different models. I was thinking in terms of saloons, hatchbacks and estates as well as sportscars. "Soon" has arrived later than we expected with a totally different range from what we expected.... several 2WD baby Range Rovery things, one of which is battery powered! It's where the market is 12 years after the return of MG.

How to post a YouTube vid?

·
Registered
36,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #606
How on earth are Ssangyong dealers surviving with such low sales?

Cheers..
I don't know. Even though each dealer is multi-franchised, SsangYong have a substantial network including several MG dealers and a reasonably coherent range of at least four(?) models...that's a lot of rent, rates, heating, wages and marketing in each dealership...

·
Registered
36,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #608
I'm going stupid high as though we had actually achieved 500 EV registrations (we won't have done) plus say 100 HS for the dealers. Maybe I'm imagining a fleet deal too.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,886 Posts
With Christmas expenses looming and much doom and gloom with MSM [ MainStream Media ] FAKE NEWS still rife, I expect a slight downturn. so 797 .. a pure shot in the dark.

·
Registered
36,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #618 (Edited)
There has been a bit of a late flurry of EV registrations. Roy Tolley of Colchester has handed over its first three on the final two days of the month!
Look out Dacia, MG may now get the overtake on Mitsubishi to stick, but it's a bit like being on an Australian rally and passing Perth, it's a long way to go to the next one. Suzuki, Mazda and Volvo have pretty strong sales...
...I know. Suzuki? The little Swift seems like a decent competitor for MG3 but I hardly ever see any, let alone any other model.
Results out on Thursday 5th December,

·
Super Moderator
12,292 Posts
601 - 620 of 628 Posts