MG-Rover.org Forums banner

681 - 700 of 706 Posts

·
Registered
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #681 (Edited)
Dacia beaten again, miserable month for Mitsubishi. Suzuki and Fiat did better this month. But Mazda ony 65 cars ahead!

MG's market share month Feb 1.11%, YTD 1.19%.

Feb mthv MG
Honda
1,799​
916​
Renault
1,320​
437​
Fiat
1,097​
214​
Suzuki
1,021​
138​
Mazda
948​
65​
MG
883​
0​
Dacia
823​
(60)​
Mitsubishi
397​
(486)​
Alfa Romeo
112​
(771)​
Diesel total
17,457​
(27.1%)
Petrol total
48,247​
(7.3%)
BEV
2,508​
+243.1%
BEV as % of diesel
14%​
Same as Jan

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mr pessimist (me) may have been closest but I was not pessimistic enough! However it was a poor month for many manufacturers. Looking forward to next month. Thanks for the charts patpending, much easier than hunting through the SMMT figures.
All the best...Chris.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I am given the opportunity to to edit previous posts now but when I try I get an error message telling me I can't do more than ten edits a week or something.

BTW are you having a guess this month?
Not really my kind of thing, I'd prefer to let others guess.

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
883? a crash in sales?
No discounts for the EV models, if you are lucky you'll get a charge cable or protection pack thrown in.

ICE models probably not being restocked so much as I think that SAIC are going to be pushing EV's more especially given that the new Roewe based ZT* EV model is due in September.

*ZT = T for tourer and the Z, why not? It's a spiritual successor to the old ZT-T! :D

Cheers..

·
Registered
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #688
Doesn't the beginning of the month seem a long time ago? I was wondering whether we should keep our game going or pause it. What do any of the Usual Suspects think?

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
I am given the opportunity to to edit previous posts now but when I try I get an error message telling me I can't do more than ten edits a week or something.

BTW are you having a guess this month?
This bug is annoying me to as I tried to rehost my blurred photobucket images on some useful threads. I did some edits, but am locked out now, and it never resets itself. I‘ve queried it with Vertical scope who say a bug fix is comin; since January...

·
Registered
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #692
Doesn't the beginning of the month seem a long time ago? I was wondering whether we should keep our game going or pause it. What do any of the Usual Suspects think?
So we have some guesses, which I'll add now. TBH the first days were a torrent of activity followed by a feeling that actually to venture to a dealer to pick up a car you have ordered is the act of a fearless warrior - but handovers continue (on order for weeks and months, often!)

I reckon we might have been heading for 3,000 in those first days but that as people reappraise the economy and their borrowing impulse buying "temptations" are down, but I'd still be wondering if we'd hit a high three-figure number.

So I'll guess 1,098 in these unprecedented times.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I saw my first ZS EV in the wild in Charlton last week.

It was a white one parked at the Aldi.

It seems that modern MG's are becoming more popular especially the ZS models as I think that it's a bargain compared to the competition like the Vauxhall Mokka.

I even saw a 68 reg MG GS in the car park of Tesco Woolwich.

Cheers..

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm not going to make a guess this month because of the somewhat volatile situation. What will be really interesting for the next few months will be how MG sales compare to those of the other manufacturers.
My family are keeping me in semi-isolation because I am supposedly over the magic age whereby I am more liable to be affected by covid19.
Hope all of you forumites keep safe and well,
All the best...Chris.

·
Registered
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #698
I'm not going to make a guess this month because of the somewhat volatile situation. What will be really interesting for the next few months will be how MG sales compare to those of the other manufacturers.
My family are keeping me in semi-isolation because I am supposedly over the magic age whereby I am more liable to be affected by covid19.
Hope all of you forumites keep safe and well,
All the best...Chris.
I agree, that's why I considered pausing the game. Three weeks ago we started wondering about supply, today it is demand that must be severely curtailed. Yet cars aren't really the most important thing in life.
Honest John is often asked to suggest a car but only one with a "status" or "premium" brand, which would include Audi but not Škoda or SEAT although cars from all three brands are made in Eastern Europe. The definition of "premium" is "(amount by which) it costs too much". Maybe this crisis will reduce people borrowing to buy a car and have people just looking for value for money, as they should.
The Frankenthread-in-the-box of the Cardiff Transmissions (2006) bounced back again and reminded me how I miss 1955diesel (d, 2011 :( ) and Interloper (last active here ten years ago, would now be very old if still alive) and I hope all .org members get through this crisis OK.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
My grand daughter who works in HR for a main dealer, has been laid off.
Don't know if garage is still open for service/repairs.

·
Registered
36,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #700
My grand daughter who works in HR for a main dealer, has been laid off.
Don't know if garage is still open for service/repairs.
Seems that the car showroom may count as non-essential but that the service bays may remain open. Brands have cleared the new cars from their showroom for use as a service waiting area(?), many other dealers are shutting entirely.
I made my guess very early this month but the total lockdown will put a pretty definite lid on sales. Given that people are also suffering terribly and dying of this virus around the world, and bearing in mind the psychological, physical and financial strain so many are facing, from health workers to shop assistants to people at home and the rest of us, maybe it actually makes more sense to pause the game.
Not only because I do not expect to win.

681 - 700 of 706 Posts