MG-Rover.org Forums banner

841 - 860 of 886 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I think Dacia and Fiat with their new small electric vehicles will surge later this year.

At the end of this year, there will be an interesting fight for lowest-priced EV sales between the future compact MG and Dacia's Spring EV.

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,675 Posts
NB Suzuki sold more cars in December not only than Dacia, but than Dacia and Fiat put together! I win!

DaciaSuzuki
gnupatpendingDifference
18,918​
19,838​
920​
Well done. :cool:

and thanks for running this interesting thread in 2020.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Do I take it that this thread is not continuing? No problem if that's case, but I didn't see anything to suggest that was the case. It was certainly interesting.

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,675 Posts
Do I take it that this thread is not continuing? No problem if that's case, but I didn't see anything to suggest that was the case. It was certainly interesting.
I hope Pat is okay - hasn’t been on the site for 24 days.

Interesting to see the MG stats every month, I hope he continues if he is able.

·
Registered
36,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #845
GoMRL said:

I hope Pat is okay - hasn’t been on the site for 24 days.

Interesting to see the MG stats every month, I hope he continues if he is able.
I'm fine, just concentrating on things like how primary schoolchildren do adding and minusing in 2021. Although I have As in both O-level Maths and O-level Additional Maths (which even then was a sufficient standard for entry to study maths at a New Zealand University so is probably the equivalent of a modern British mathematics doctorate lol) I am struggling by them not needing masses of coloured wooden sticks.

Reports of this thread's demise after three and a bit years have been exaggerated!

·
Registered
36,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #846
24 days away from .org? The months when the amount of my posts was in four figures have decidedly gone.

·
Registered
36,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #847
JANUARY 2021 GUESSES

January 2020 1,846
December 2020 1,421
April 2020 (first month of previous full national lockdown with all schools closed) 45 (beating Renault by 1)

·
Registered
36,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #848
I'm going to guess 846, the number of the previous post. A lot of cars are being delivered Deliveroo style, apparently far more than in the first national lockdown. And this month MG has two very competitively-priced BEVs, one in a segment by itself if that is a good thing, as well as a plug-in hybrid, I think this year could be the year BEV sales outstrip diesel.
Not more because you can't test drive them.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I guess, Pat, your posts are also fewer as SAIC is a stable organisation and most of the news comes from China first as the British operation is a small part of a massive wheel.The days of leaks in the press from Longbridge are gone.

One thing I've noticed is that MG UK's accounts are well overdue. They were due in by the end of September for year ending 31st December 2019 but haven't been submitted yet. This could be due to Covid 19.

·
Registered
36,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #852
I guess, Pat, your posts are also fewer as SAIC is a stable organisation and most of the news comes from China first as the British operation is a small part of a massive wheel.The days of leaks in the press from Longbridge are gone.
THe news coming from SAIC is bigger, brighter and more global than ever before. Today's "press leaks" are YouTube vids of LHD HS PHEV, LHD MG5 BEV and Marvel X driving through the streets of Paris, interviews with the Aussies predicting a "Corolla-bashing" MG5 saloon in 2022 and the next generation MG6 in RHD (2023), and stuff like that. It's all on Facebook and it's what has become of the "lots of Chinese news and a poll" threads - but [of critical importance] troll-free. People like Duke Hale are even with us!

Over ten years ago I wondered why people were posting about Footbridge (FB) and people like Petevick predicted I would soon be playing Mafiaville and Farm Wars or whatever. However,Facebook is ideal for gathering MG info from around the world (e.g. Chile, Uruguay, Egypt, Pakistan, Thailand, Cambodia, Australia).

To summarise - there is lots more going on, certainly in terms of real cars selling to real people, the discussion is just elsewhere.

One thing I've noticed is that MG UK's accounts are well overdue. They were due in by the end of September for year ending 31st December 2019 but haven't been submitted yet. This could be due to Covid 19.
True. Signing the accounts off with a view of the future must be a nightmare

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,675 Posts
Good to hear you’re well. I hope your home schooling goes well.

I‘ll go for 750 again...

·
Registered
36,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #857
A few guesses now, no-one's going really low, but we all think it will be down on last year.

MemberJan
gnu
750​
simcor
825​
patpending
846​
GSi
1,100​
adaveabbott
1,260​

841 - 860 of 886 Posts