MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi anybody know any good car insurance companies for a mg tf ? I’m in my 40’s and wondered if anybody knew what type of insurance is best could I get classic car ? It’s a 03 plate

·
Registered
mg_tf
49 Posts
Think it's still to new for classic car insurance. I've got mine on an agreed value policy with Adrian Flux. Basically you take insurance with them and then take out another policy with them for the agreed value. Think mine cost about £60 extra. You've go to submit photos set .

·
Registered
mg_tf
377 Posts
These cars are not too new to qualify for classic car insurance with some companies - e.g. with Peter Best, Lancaster - and the sponsors on here I guess.
Apologies if this is obvious, but normal classic car insurance will give you agreed value (without a separate ‘policy’), breakdown cover, does not depend on a ‘spare’ NCB - but doesn’t earn a NCB, and policies are usually restricted to mileage of say 3/6K a year.
Generally, insurers expect you to have use of another vehicle for normal daily use.

·
Registered
rover_75
290 Posts
Hi anybody know any good car insurance companies for a mg tf ? I’m in my 40’s and wondered if anybody knew what type of insurance is best could I get classic car ? It’s a 03 plate
I’m paying 190 fully comp Sdp to and from work on a standard policy 8k miles a year through 1st Choice. Just used compare the market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
mg_tf
377 Posts
Interesting, but mine was double that with them on a £3k agreed value for 3K miles. We live in a semi rural area of S. Wales, and I’m ‘mature’, and the car is only used as a classic car.
Does yours include breakdown as well? I moved away from them earlier this year (they have been taken over?) principally since the car is always garaged, but I was informed that the agreed value did not apply while the car was on the drive, and with further questioning - not even when being moved off the drive onto the roadway! This was later retracted, but I moved to Lancaster at a slightly lower premium, but way in excess of your £90. Is this £90 premium a stand alone premium, or an element of a multi vehicle policy?
Kind regards,
Austin.

·
Registered
mg_tf
44 Posts
Interesting, but mine was double that with them on a £3k agreed value for 3K miles. We live in a semi rural area of S. Wales, and I’m ‘mature’, and the car is only used as a classic car.
Does yours include breakdown as well? I moved away from them earlier this year (they have been taken over?) principally since the car is always garaged, but I was informed that the agreed value did not apply while the car was on the drive, and with further questioning - not even when being moved off the drive onto the roadway! This was later retracted, but I moved to Lancaster at a slightly lower premium, but way in excess of your £90. Is this £90 premium a stand alone premium, or an element of a multi vehicle policy?
Kind regards,
Austin.
Sorry I was wrong - just checked and I paid £105 this year ( up from £94 last year) ...

TF135, 06 reg (but 05 model). 2 drivers, 3k mileage, agreed value, MG Car Club member, and vehicle kept garaged. Would be about £10 cheaper, but I have business use on it as well (for occasional work related trips on summer days). Includes breakdown and European cover. Not any any sort of multicar policy. Never had any sort of conditions mentioned about the agreed value element either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts